Homebrew EFB from Tablet PC

Old August 9th 03, 06:00 AM
blanche cohen

Default Homebrew EFB from Tablet PC

Have you checked into Destination Direct? Runs in Wintel, has
the ability to support most GPS in real-time, has the capability
to display current charts, and supports flight-planning both
VFR and IFR.

Old August 9th 03, 09:46 AM
Leland Vandervort

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 22:16:13 GMT, "Mark T. Mueller"
wrote:

Come on all you data dinks and code munchers! SOMEONE has to be able to
build a Jepp-Killer app for the Tablet PC at half the annual subscription
cost!!! I would be willing to pay $500/year for all approach plates and
VFR/IFR charts compatible with good moving map software that had NexRAD
overlay capability, and I am sure there are many other pilots out there
willing to pay that much for a good alternative to Jepp...

How about an etch-a-sketch.. only costs like $10 and takes up the
same amount of space ;-)

evil grin

G'day

Leland

Old August 9th 03, 11:53 AM
Mark T. Mueller

Thanks for the link. I cannot believe I missed them at OSH!!! It just goes
to show how big OSH really is...

I will have to check this out. About the only thing they are missing are
approach plates.

"hlongworth" wrote in message
om...
I was leaning toward getting AnywhereMap then add Anywhere Wx later
but would prefer a bigger screen and more capable hardware. Tablet PC
format seems ideal. Just learned about this site few days ago through
a thread on WeatherWorks

http://www.airgator.com/pricing.htm

They offer GPS and Weather in both PDA and Tablet PC format. Richard
Kaplan's post (XMRadio Satellite Weather Has Arrived) described the
Weather program in details, but I have not been to find any reviews or
users' feedback on the NAVAir program.

Old August 9th 03, 08:30 PM
Jay Honeck

How about an etch-a-sketch.. only costs like $10 and takes up the
same amount of space ;-)

evil grin

Yeah, but it would cost WAAAY more than $500 per year to hire a guy to draw
all the approach plates for ya....
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 9th 03, 10:17 PM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
How about an etch-a-sketch.. only costs like $10 and takes up the
same amount of space ;-)

evil grin

Yeah, but it would cost WAAAY more than $500 per year to hire a guy to

draw
all the approach plates for ya....
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

and don't do any negative G's along the way!

Old August 10th 03, 02:21 AM
Scott Moore

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote:

Any ideas other than JeppView (which is highway robbery at $1000/year
subscription and still doesn't do everything AnywhereWx does)???

Jeppview is quite affordable if you limit the area covered and don't
try to get the entire united states. For long trips, you can get the
electronic version of tripp kits.

I pay about $250 for the western states.

--
For most men, true happiness can only be achieved with a woman.
Also for most men, true happiness can only be achieved without a woman.

Old August 10th 03, 05:17 AM
John T

"Morgans" wrote in message

and don't do any negative G's along the way!

It's not the G's as much as the turbulence...

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/tknoFlyer

Old August 10th 03, 07:28 PM