Dirty Laundry

Old October 14th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Dirty Laundry

Here is the theme song for the TV news coverage of the Lidle crash:

Don Henley, Dirty Laundry, from I Can't Stand Still album

"I make my living off the Evening News
Just give me something-something I can use
People love it when you lose,
They love dirty laundry
Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here
I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear
Give us dirty laundry
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em all around
We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who
comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam
in her eye
It's interesting when people die-
Give us dirty laundry
Can we film the operation?
Is the head dead yet?
You know, the boys in the newsroom got a
running bet
Get the widow on the set!
We need dirty laundry
You don't really need to find out what's going on
You don't really want to know just how far it's gone
Just leave well enough alone
Eat your dirty laundry
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're up
Kick 'em when they're down
Kick 'em when they're stiff
Kick 'em all around
Dirty little secrets
Dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie
We love to cut you down to size
We love dirty laundry
We can do "The Innuendo"
We can dance and sing
When it's said and done we haven't told you a thing
We all know that Crap is King
Give us dirty laundry!

Old October 14th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

If the general public...which includes us...didn't buy into the crap,
subscribe to the cable network or watch the stuff, it wouldn't persist.

The media is a market-driven and profit-motivated. As such, it becomes a
mirror of the public interest. If the public is into hearing about sex
scandals, that's what you get. Airplanes flying into buildings? Dead
sports stars? So long as FoxNews or CNN or USAmcToday gets America's
attention, they're giving America exactly what it wants.

No different than McDonald's. Quarter pounders are heart-wrecking junkfood,
but you don't see many people outside protesting them. Rather, they line up
at the drive-through.

Write 'em letters. That's the best thing that you can do. But an airplane
with a Yankee pitcher in it flying into a building in New York City will
ALWAYS be big news.

-c

ups.com...

Old October 14th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

"gatt" wrote in message news :
:
:
: Write 'em letters. That's the best thing that you can do. But an airplane
: with a Yankee pitcher in it flying into a building in New York City will
: ALWAYS be big news.
:
: -c
:
:
:

Yup, pretty hard to peddle the 'nothing happened here, move along' mantra when something like that happens...

Old October 14th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

gatt wrote:
If the general public...which includes us...didn't buy into the crap,
subscribe to the cable network or watch the stuff, it wouldn't persist.

The media is a market-driven and profit-motivated. As such, it becomes a
mirror of the public interest. If the public is into hearing about sex
scandals, that's what you get. Airplanes flying into buildings? Dead
sports stars? So long as FoxNews or CNN or USAmcToday gets America's
attention, they're giving America exactly what it wants.

No different than McDonald's. Quarter pounders are heart-wrecking junkfood,
but you don't see many people outside protesting them. Rather, they line up
at the drive-through.

Write 'em letters. That's the best thing that you can do. But an airplane
with a Yankee pitcher in it flying into a building in New York City will
ALWAYS be big news.

Man, I post the lyrics for a great song that sums up sensationalistic
journalism, and I get back a white paper from an apologist... hmmm.

Old October 18th 06, 07:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

"gatt" wrote in message
news
Write 'em letters. That's the best thing that you can do. But an

airplane
with a Yankee pitcher in it flying into a building in New York City will
ALWAYS be big news.

Maybe where you live... Down here, another dead Yankee is not that big of a
deal...

Old October 18th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Grumman-581 wrote:

"gatt" wrote in message
news
Write 'em letters. That's the best thing that you can do. But an

airplane

with a Yankee pitcher in it flying into a building in New York City will
ALWAYS be big news.

Maybe where you live... Down here, another dead Yankee is not that big of a
deal...

It is a good think the Yankees settled Texas for you all. :-)

Matt

dirty bird The Weiss Family Owning 9 November 9th 04 06:14 PM
Republican Party Dirty Tricks WalterM140 Military Aviation 12 June 12th 04 04:30 PM
"Dirty Tricks" and "Both Sides Do It" Leslie Swartz Military Aviation 19 March 29th 04 06:11 PM
Vic Tatelman's Pictures of "Dirty Dora", "Dirty Dora II" and the Surrender Mission Adam Lewis Military Aviation 0 February 3rd 04 04:39 PM