Looking for a fuselage

Old February 14th 05, 08:21 PM
Montblack

("John Ousterhout" wrote)
How about this? http://www.thebomber.com/restaurant.asp

Fun. Good site.

Montblack

Old February 14th 05, 09:10 PM
wmbjk

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:38:02 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Or a big propeller.

Now that our conversion to an aviation theme-suites hotel is almost
complete, we think it's time to make the *outside* of the place look more
aviation-ish. (We've only changed the inside, thus far.)

Anyone know where I can find an old Cessna 140 (for example) fuselage for
cheap that I could mount on a pole out front? Or a big ol' Convair prop?
Something I could hoist up onto a 3-story sign, to catch the eye of
travelers?

Anyone got any better ideas? Whatever we do, it can't be unsafe, and it
shouldn't look too kitschy...

Thanks!

Suitable ships have been mentioned in this newsgroup many times, so a
quick search of the archives might produce some leads. Which candidate
is best will depend on your answers to these questions -

If aluminum is your preference, then will something very small be OK,
and can you afford shipping from PR?

If something larger but in fiberglass might be better, are you able to
provide your own canopy latches?

Wayne :-)
Old February 14th 05, 09:16 PM
wmbjk

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:18:19 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Hey -- isn't that the one that has the amazing changing "N" number? :-)

It seems to me that this movie has one of the biggest aviation gaffes of all
time,

Nope, I believe I saw the biggest gaffe recently in a stinkeroo about
terrorists taking over a 747 in flight. First a strike team was
inserted into the jumbo via a modified SR71. Next a stewardess started
a fuel dump by reversing wire-nut connections on two pairs of THHN,
which happened to be the only wires in an enclosure. But a terrorist
took one look at the reversed wires, and re-twisted them back to the
normal configuration. Top that!

Wayne
Old February 14th 05, 09:20 PM
Peter R.

wmbjk wmbjk@remove_this citlink.net wrote:

First a strike team was inserted into the jumbo via a modified SR71.

If you are referring to the Kirk Douglas movie, "Executive Decision," the
modified aircraft was a modified F-117 Stealth Fighter.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116253/

--
Peter

Old February 14th 05, 09:21 PM
Peter R.

"Peter R." wrote:

wmbjk wmbjk@remove_this citlink.net wrote:

First a strike team was inserted into the jumbo via a modified SR71.

If you are referring to the Kirk Douglas movie, "Executive Decision," the
modified aircraft was a modified F-117 Stealth Fighter.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116253/

Excuse me, Kirk Russell.

--
Peter

Old February 14th 05, 09:34 PM
Gig Giacona

"Peter R." wrote in message
wmbjk wmbjk@remove_this citlink.net wrote:

First a strike team was inserted into the jumbo via a modified SR71.

If you are referring to the Kirk Douglas movie, "Executive Decision," the
modified aircraft was a modified F-117 Stealth Fighter.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116253/

You misspelt Russell. It was the best Steven Segall movie ever. He died in
the first 10 minutes.

Old February 14th 05, 09:34 PM

Jay Honeck wrote:

Anyone got any better ideas? Whatever we do, it can't be unsafe, and

it
shouldn't look too kitschy...

Think big! I saw this one in Whitehorse, Yukon Canada :

http://www.roadsideattractions.ca/po...whitehorse.htm

Back in the mid 80s I was in the Orlando area and came across a bar
with an entire Beech Musketeer attached to the side of the building as
if it had crashed nose first into the upper side of the wall. I've got
a picture of it on my wall, but haven't been able to locate it on the
'net. Any of you Florida folks know what I'm talking about?

If it's not on the 'net, I might consider unframing and scanning my
pic. It's very cool looking!

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old February 14th 05, 09:52 PM
Peter R.

Gig Giacona wrote:

You misspelt Russell. It was the best Steven Segall movie ever. He died in
the first 10 minutes.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. As my penance I will hang out in the People Magazine
gossip newsgroup... not.

The important point is that I got the aircraft right.

--
Peter

Old February 14th 05, 10:29 PM

Peter R. wrote:
"Peter R." wrote:

wmbjk wmbjk@remove_this citlink.net wrote:

First a strike team was inserted into the jumbo via a modified

SR71.

If you are referring to the Kirk Douglas movie, "Executive

Decision," the
modified aircraft was a modified F-117 Stealth Fighter.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116253/

Excuse me, Kirk Russell.

Getting closer :-))) It's Kurt Russell.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old February 14th 05, 11:03 PM
wmbjk

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:20:03 -0500, "Peter R."
wrote:

wmbjk wmbjk@remove_this citlink.net wrote:

First a strike team was inserted into the jumbo via a modified SR71.

If you are referring to the Kirk Douglas movie, "Executive Decision," the
modified aircraft was a modified F-117 Stealth Fighter.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116253/

No, I remember that one too unfortunately, it had a lot of detail
about the insertion. The one I'm thinking of reduced that part to a
couple of blurps with a screw gun. I think this might be it
http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:162251 IIRC, the flight
attendant who rewired the fuel dump also made the landing.

Wayne