My Airplane Needs Diapers...

Old February 11th 05, 09:49 PM
Jon Kraus

Default My Airplane Needs Diapers...

When I was in the car painting business we used to use baby diapers for
a non lint, non scratching way of wiping down cars before and after
painting. They were awesome, reusable, soft rags... I was thinking that
they would be perfect for the airplanes plexiglass cleaning and a host
of other uses... I live in a fairly large city (Indianapolis) and for
the life of me can't find where I can purchase some diapers.

I see online some "Aircraft Wipes" (read medium sized diapers) for an
Un-Godly price... I was at Costco yesterday an bought a bundle of
terrycloth towels but am afraid to use them on the windshield... What
do you folks use? I'm am open to suggestions... Thanks!!

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Mooney 201 4443H

Old February 11th 05, 10:14 PM
kage

Right next to the terry cloth towels at Costco, there air bags of yellow
"micro" fiber towels. That's what I use. Although, I used to use the terry
ones as well and they never scratched my windshield.

Karl

Old February 11th 05, 10:15 PM
Dave Stadt

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
When I was in the car painting business we used to use baby diapers for
a non lint, non scratching way of wiping down cars before and after
painting. They were awesome, reusable, soft rags... I was thinking that
they would be perfect for the airplanes plexiglass cleaning and a host
of other uses... I live in a fairly large city (Indianapolis) and for
the life of me can't find where I can purchase some diapers.

I see online some "Aircraft Wipes" (read medium sized diapers) for an
Un-Godly price... I was at Costco yesterday an bought a bundle of
terrycloth towels but am afraid to use them on the windshield... What
do you folks use? I'm am open to suggestions... Thanks!!

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Mooney 201 4443H

Dupont makes a towel called Sontara which was specially developed for
cleaning aircraft plexy windows. WagAero carries them.

Old February 11th 05, 10:25 PM
Jim Burns

Look in the yellow pages. Call a diaper service, I'd bet they'd sell you
some.... maybe even some clean ones!
Jim

Old February 11th 05, 10:28 PM
Jim Burns

Diaper King Club Inc
4011 Millersville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46205
(317) 924-2464
business profile | phonephone | map | save
Categories: Diapers & Diaper Services

Diaper King West
6539 Camarillo Court, Indianapolis, IN 46278
(317) 280-1031

Old February 11th 05, 10:37 PM
Ric

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Look in the yellow pages. Call a diaper service, I'd bet they'd sell you
some.... maybe even some clean ones!
Jim

I get a bottle of clean water and pour it over the windscreen. then I rub my
hand over the screen, always keeping the surface wet, until I cant feel any
"bits". Then I finish with a terry cloth. The cloth is used just to remove
the left over water.

Super clean screen and never any scratches or swirls.

Ric

Old February 11th 05, 11:39 PM

Jon,
Did you check the baby department at Walmart? We bought a whole
bunch of cloth diapers last year at the local store for our bird (the
Cardinal).
I recall reading somewhere that one should not reuse the diapers
since laundering can not get rid of embedded particles, sand grains
etc. However, since we always wash the plexiglass with copious amount
of water using a chamois cloth to soak up the water and only use the
diapers for waxing (with Pledge), we launder and reuse them all the
time.

Hai Longworth

Old February 11th 05, 11:54 PM
Don Tuite

On 11 Feb 2005 15:39:28 -0800, "
wrote:

Jon,
Did you check the baby department at Walmart? We bought a whole
bunch of cloth diapers last year at the local store for our bird (the
Cardinal).
I recall reading somewhere that one should not reuse the diapers
since laundering can not get rid of embedded particles, sand grains
etc. However, since we always wash the plexiglass with copious amount
of water using a chamois cloth to soak up the water and only use the
diapers for waxing (with Pledge), we launder and reuse them all the
time.

I've always found cheesecloth cheap, easily obtainable, soft, not
bulky, and disposable.

Don
Old February 12th 05, 12:13 AM
NVArt

*Lotsa*water, appropriate chemicals of your choice, *lotsa* water, and
*clean* diapers. Works on plastic eyeglass lenses, too.

5217D
HTH