How many instruments can I use for VFR?

Old November 4th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default How many instruments can I use for VFR?

How many instruments am I allowed to use for VFR flight (for purposes
of exams)? Is it okay to use VORs to find my way, or do I have to fly
exclusively using landmarks without any radionavigation?

Old November 4th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gary Drescher

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
How many instruments am I allowed to use for VFR flight (for purposes
of exams)? Is it okay to use VORs to find my way, or do I have to fly
exclusively using landmarks without any radionavigation?

In case you've misplaced the link, here it is again:
http://www.faa.gov/education_researc...S-8081-14A.pdf

Old November 4th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Newps

Mxsmanic wrote:
How many instruments am I allowed to use for VFR flight (for purposes
of exams)? Is it okay to use VORs to find my way, or do I have to fly
exclusively using landmarks without any radionavigation?

You can't use any.

Old November 4th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
BT

both

Old November 4th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

BT writes:

both

Well, now I have answers of none and both. One of these answers must
be incorrect.

Old November 4th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
mike regish

You can use them all.

mike

Old November 6th 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dave Stadt

"mike regish" wrote in message
You can use them all.

mike

And sometimes none of them.

Old November 4th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Newps

Mxsmanic wrote:

BT writes:

both

Well, now I have answers of none and both. One of these answers must
be incorrect.

One of them is.

Old November 5th 06, 11:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

BT writes:

if it is in the airplane.. you are expected to know how to use it
for "exams"

But are you always _allowed_ to use it? I know how to use all the
instruments I have, but navigating without some of them might be
difficult.