How many instruments can I use for VFR?

Old November 5th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Logajan

Default How many instruments can I use for VFR?

"Dudley Henriques" wrote:
Those who answer him with useful information HAVE to notice the lack of
reciprocal appreciation for their time and effort....and this would be
for those he doesn't take on from a "superior knowledge base" after
they answer him :-)
Either he's a outright troll, or the most unappreciative and obnoxious
person I've ever come across on Usenet :-))

To be fair, a quick Google Groups search indicates that he has thanked
several posters for answering his questions:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...3551ecbaa51afb
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...a6c8a5c18b196d
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...d3b0be6732ace2
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...828677c1ff2f71

Also note that mxsmanic was posting to the rec.aviation.* groups at least as
far back as 2002, though using a different e-mail address but the same
handle.

I also noted the following from Google Groups:

From June 1998 to June 2005, he appears to have posted over 58,000 messages
across 443 newsgroups under a hotmail.com account.
From June 2005 to present, he appears to have posted over 12,000 messages
across 114 newsgroups under his current account.
(That's appears to be an average of 20 to 25 posts a day.)

He therefore should not be considered a neophyte poster. I also stumbled
across e-mail from him to at least one IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force)
mailing list. His opinionated postings there did not appear to be always well
received.
Old November 5th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Dudley Henriques" wrote:

wife has to take me out to dinner. If I miss, I have to pay!! Tonight, its
an Outback Steak for me compliments of my wife and Bob Noel!!! :-)))

Hey, glad I could help.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old November 5th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques

He should by all means be given credit for every positive response he has
given to those answering him.
I see you mention "several" here, which is definitely a positive. On the
other hand, I see he has posted some 70,000 messages across 557 newsgroups
ranging between June of 1998 and the present. Let me see here........excuse
me while I do the math :-)))
Seriously, I could be mistaken but I think he might do a lot better if he
upped that "several" figure just a bit higher :-))
Dudley Henriques

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
"Dudley Henriques" wrote:
[...]

From June 1998 to June 2005, he appears to have posted over 58,000
messages
across 443 newsgroups under a hotmail.com account.
From June 2005 to present, he appears to have posted over 12,000 messages

Old November 5th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Dudley Henriques" wrote:

wife has to take me out to dinner. If I miss, I have to pay!! Tonight,
its
an Outback Steak for me compliments of my wife and Bob Noel!!! :-)))

Hey, glad I could help.

You're welcome. Actually, when it comes to competing with my wife, I'm not
right all that often
:-)
Now if I can just pass up on ordering that damn tasty bloomin onion
thing.................... :-))
Dudley Henriques

Old November 5th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
:

Now if I can just pass up on ordering that damn tasty bloomin onion
thing.................... :-))

Then order some coconut shrimp for me :-))

Allen
Old November 5th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques

"A Lieberma" wrote in message
. 18...
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in
:

Now if I can just pass up on ordering that damn tasty bloomin onion
thing.................... :-))

Then order some coconut shrimp for me :-))

Allen

Now you've done it......now I'm REALLY hungry. I'll probably end up with the
damn onion thing AND the shrimp!! :-)
DH

Old November 5th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Macklin

The ribeye with shrimp on the side.

Old November 5th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Logajan

"Dudley Henriques" wrote:
He should by all means be given credit for every positive response he
has given to those answering him.
I see you mention "several" here, which is definitely a positive. On
the other hand, I see he has posted some 70,000 messages across 557
newsgroups ranging between June of 1998 and the present. Let me see
here........excuse me while I do the math :-)))

Frankly I did more "research" on his posting count than I normally would
have cared to devote to a non-aviation topic (thankfully Google Group's
search mechanisms and poster "Profiles" makes such research easy). But the
meta-topic keeps coming up, so I thought I'd check into it.

Seriously, I could be mistaken but I think he might do a lot better if
he upped that "several" figure just a bit higher :-))

I agree. There is other advice one may offer to him, but unless it is
solicited, I don't think it would be taken. But that's just human nature, I
think.
Old November 5th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques

"Dudley Henriques" wrote:
[...]

Yes; human nature is indeed a strange thing.....interesting though!!
:-))
Dudley Henriques

Old November 5th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
The ribeye with shrimp on the side.

Is there ANYTHING on the Outback menu that's not tasty? If there is, I
haven't seen it yet :-)
Dudley Henriques