Logging approaches

Old February 3rd 04, 06:34 PM
Ron Natalie

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message news:VNRTb.7809 It is what the regs literally say. All
they say is you have to be in
instrument conditions. Doesn't say anything about flight rules.

If you're in instrument conditions it's not legal VFR.

Show me where it says that in the rules?

My interpretation of the FAA's interpretation is that instrument conditions just means
those that are necessitate operation by the instruments rather than requiring it to be less
than the VFR minimums.

Old February 3rd 04, 06:40 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
. ..

Show me where it says that in the rules?

Title 14--Aeronautics and Space

CHAPTER I--FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

PART 1--DEFINITIONS AND ABBREVIATIONS

§ 1.1 General definitions.

IFR conditions means weather conditions below the minimum for flight under
visual flight rules.

My interpretation of the FAA's interpretation is that instrument

conditions
just means those that are necessitate operation by the instruments rather
than requiring it to be less than the VFR minimums.

That interpretation is not consistent with the applicable regulations.

Old February 3rd 04, 07:02 PM
gpsposter

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
ink.net:

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
. ..

Show me where it says that in the rules?

Title 14--Aeronautics and Space

CHAPTER I--FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION, DEPARTMENT OF
TRANSPORTATION

PART 1--DEFINITIONS AND ABBREVIATIONS

§ 1.1 General definitions.

IFR conditions means weather conditions below the minimum for flight
under visual flight rules.

'IFR conditions' and 'instrument conditions' are not necessarily the same
thing.

Old February 3rd 04, 07:08 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"gpsposter" wrote in message

'IFR conditions' and 'instrument conditions' are not necessarily the same
thing.

How do they differ?

Old February 3rd 04, 07:26 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
. ..

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message

news:VNRTb.7809 It is what the regs literally say. All
they say is you have to be in
instrument conditions. Doesn't say anything about flight rules.

If you're in instrument conditions it's not legal VFR.

Show me where it says that in the rules?

My interpretation of the FAA's interpretation is that instrument

conditions just means
those that are necessitate operation by the instruments rather than

requiring it to be less
than the VFR minimums.

Sort of like Ron's interpreation of CFR 14 Part 21 that claimed "a homebuilt
is not an Experimental.

Old February 3rd 04, 09:10 PM
Ron Natalie

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message nk.net...

"gpsposter" wrote in message

'IFR conditions' and 'instrument conditions' are not necessarily the same
thing.

How do they differ?

As I said, there is no definition of instrument conditions in the rules. Hence the best
we can come up with is the legal counsel.

Your excessively pedantic nature can clearly see that they are different words.

Old February 3rd 04, 09:10 PM
Ron Natalie

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message ...
Sort of like Ron's interpreation of CFR 14 Part 21 that claimed "a homebuilt
is not an Experimental.

I never said any such thing. Prove your allegations.

Old February 3rd 04, 09:19 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
. ..

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

Sort of like Ron's interpreation of CFR 14 Part 21 that claimed "a

homebuilt
is not an Experimental.

I never said any such thing. Prove your allegations.

You posted your ignorance to the "FAA form 337" thread at
rec.aviation.homebuilt.

Did you cancel you post, so you could lie now, Ron?

Your track record for understanding CFR 14 is zero for three, over the past
couple of weeks, Ron.

Old February 4th 04, 12:47 AM
Rich

Tarver Engineering wrote:
"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
. ..

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

Sort of like Ron's interpreation of CFR 14 Part 21 that claimed "a

homebuilt

is not an Experimental.

I never said any such thing. Prove your allegations.

You posted your ignorance to the "FAA form 337" thread at
rec.aviation.homebuilt.

Did you cancel you post, so you could lie now, Ron?

Your track record for understanding CFR 14 is zero for three, over the past
couple of weeks, Ron.

Don't wrestle with a pig, Ron.
The pig loves it, and all you will get is muddy.

Old February 4th 04, 12:54 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Rich" wrote in message

Don't wrestle with a pig, Ron.

I think Ron cancelling his errant posts tells volumes.

Saddam.net, eh?

Bwahahahahahaha