Guess who's coming to town?

Old July 7th 10, 03:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
The Good Poster[_2_]

Default Guess who's coming to town?

Today at MKC

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	McChord 80049.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	43587
Old July 7th 10, 08:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Neil Hoskins

C5A Galaxy? They had one of these open to the public at an airshow I went
to once. It was a horrible rainy day so about a hundred thousand people
sheltered under the wings and about another half million inside. Awesome
machine.

"The Good Poster" wrote in message
news
Today at MKC

Old July 7th 10, 10:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 08:08:22 +0100, "Neil Hoskins"
wrote:

C5A Galaxy? They had one of these open to the public at an airshow I went
to once. It was a horrible rainy day so about a hundred thousand people
sheltered under the wings and about another half million inside. Awesome
machine.

C-17A Globemaster III. From the 62 AW based at Joint Base Lewis
McChord.
Old July 8th 10, 03:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
The Good Poster[_2_]

wrote:

C5A Galaxy? They had one of these open to the public at an airshow I went
to once. It was a horrible rainy day so about a hundred thousand people
sheltered under the wings and about another half million inside. Awesome
machine.

C-17A Globemaster III. From the 62 AW based at Joint Base Lewis
McChord.

The President is in town today. I am told this big guy brought his
helicopter.

Old July 8th 10, 05:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

wrote:

C5A Galaxy? They had one of these open to the public at an airshow I went
to once. It was a horrible rainy day so about a hundred thousand people
sheltered under the wings and about another half million inside. Awesome
machine.

C-17A Globemaster III. From the 62 AW based at Joint Base Lewis
McChord.

The President is in town today. I am told this big guy brought his
helicopter.

When I worked for Lockheed, overlooking Moffett Field, we could always
tell when the President was coming to town.

Usually, a C-5 or two C-141s would land two days before and disgorge
limosines (Usually SUVs), helos, security teams, etc.

Once, both Clinton and Gore, along with the Russian VP came in, so there
was a separate advance effort for each.

Just think about the costs whenever the President goes traveling!

LPV Coming to Town Marco Leon Owning 3 March 20th 07 08:09 PM
LPV Coming to Town Marco Leon Instrument Flight Rules 2 March 16th 07 06:17 PM
OT, Art you had better get out of town! OXMORON1 Military Aviation 0 September 13th 04 03:15 PM
Ghost Town sgmkevin Simulators 5 April 14th 04 09:22 AM
Ghost Town Emilio Military Aviation 2 April 6th 04 10:19 PM