Looking for pictures of F-4J 153911

Old April 2nd 07, 11:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ghost Ryder

Default Looking for pictures of F-4J 153911

Hello, All!

A friend of mine bought the front instrument panel and it appears to have
come from an F-4J tail number 153911. I was wondering if anyone might have
a picture of this aircraft. It is my understaing that the airplane was
later modified to an F-4S. It was flown by the Marine Corp and was one of
VFMA-333's airplanes during the Vietnam war.

With best regards, Ghost Ryder. E-mail:

Old April 3rd 07, 12:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

That is a nice picture of an early A2F (A-6A). This one was built prior to
the installation of refueling probes.

Wayne
A-6A B/N 1966-1975
http://ww.soaridaho.com/

Old April 3rd 07, 01:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ghost Ryder

Hello, Wayne!

Thanks. That one is at Udvar-Hazy at Dullas. Nice museum if you get a
chance to go.

Here is a shot from the upper deck.

You wrote on Mon, 2 Apr 2007 17:46:00 -0600:

WP Wayne
WP A-6A B/N 1966-1975
WP http://ww.soaridaho.com/

WP "Ghost Ryder" wrote in message
WP news:0RfQh.4925$hI4.3732@trndny08...
?? Hello, All!
??
?? A friend of mine bought the front instrument panel and it appears to
?? have come from an F-4J tail number 153911. I was wondering if anyone
?? might have a picture of this aircraft. It is my understaing that the
?? airplane was later modified to an F-4S. It was flown by the Marine
?? Corp and was one of VFMA-333's airplanes during the Vietnam war.
??
?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
??

Old April 3rd 07, 02:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

Ghost Ryder,

Have we served together? (VAH-10, VAH-123, VA-196, VA-128, VA-115, USS
Constellation, USS FDR, USS Ranger, USS Midway and USS, Enterprise)

I was mistaken! I can see the refueling probe in this picture. So it isn't
and EARLY A-6A. (And I can't see enough detail to determine if it is an
A-6E.)

Some day I plan to fly with the TSA (http://www.texassoaring.org/). When I
do, I will be sure to stop and visit the Udvar-Hazy museum.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Old April 3rd 07, 06:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
bob

There are 1/48 scale model decals for the airplane and a color side view at:

http://www.brookhursthobbies.com/cam...asp?img=48-002

Old April 3rd 07, 07:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Ghost Ryder" wrote in

Hello, All!

A friend of mine bought the front instrument panel and it appears to
have come from an F-4J tail number 153911. I was wondering if anyone
might have a picture of this aircraft. It is my understaing that the
airplane was later modified to an F-4S. It was flown by the Marine
Corp and was one of VFMA-333's airplanes during the Vietnam war.

Not finding any pictures, but looks like CAMDecals has a decal set for
this aircraft:

http://brookhursthobbies.com/camdeca...asp?img=32-033

According to Joe Baugher, 153911 may well still exist:
(http://home.att.net/~jbaugher/thirdseries19.html)

153911 (F-4S) to storage at NAD Cherry Point, NC, SOC Jan 21, 2003

Good luck!

Bob ^,,^

Old April 3rd 07, 10:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ghost Ryder

Hello, Wayne!

I doubt we served together. I'm retired Air Force. An ICBM guy. Retire
Nov 05 after 24 years of service. Sounds like you had a very distinguished
career though. Good to make your aquantience.

You wrote on Mon, 2 Apr 2007 19:34:49 -0600:

WP Have we served together? (VAH-10, VAH-123, VA-196, VA-128, VA-115, USS
WP Constellation, USS FDR, USS Ranger, USS Midway and USS, Enterprise)

WP I was mistaken! I can see the refueling probe in this picture. So it
WP isn't and EARLY A-6A. (And I can't see enough detail to determine if it
WP is an A-6E.)

WP Some day I plan to fly with the TSA (http://www.texassoaring.org/).
WP When I do, I will be sure to stop and visit the Udvar-Hazy museum.

WP Wayne
WP HP-14 "6F"
WP http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

WP "Ghost Ryder" wrote in message
WP news:4mhQh.8905$IY4.6014@trndny03...
?? Hello, Wayne!
??
[...]

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PRYD1.JPG (76.5 KB, 37 views)
Old April 4th 07, 12:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ghost Ryder

Hello, bob!

Thanks

You wrote on Tue, 03 Apr 2007 05:57:13 GMT:

b http://www.brookhursthobbies.com/cam...asp?img=48-002

b "Ghost Ryder" wrote in message
b news:0RfQh.4925$hI4.3732@trndny08...
?? Hello, All!
??

Old April 4th 07, 12:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ghost Ryder

Hello, Bob!

Thanks

You wrote on Tue, 03 Apr 2007 06:50:26 GMT:

?? Hello, All!
??
?? A friend of mine bought the front instrument panel and it appears to
?? have come from an F-4J tail number 153911. I was wondering if anyone
?? might have a picture of this aircraft. It is my understaing that the
?? airplane was later modified to an F-4S. It was flown by the Marine
?? Corp and was one of VFMA-333's airplanes during the Vietnam war.
??
?? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

BH Not finding any pictures, but looks like CAMDecals has a decal set for
BH this aircraft:

BH http://brookhursthobbies.com/camdeca...asp?img=32-033

BH According to Joe Baugher, 153911 may well still exist:
BH (http://home.att.net/~jbaugher/thirdseries19.html)

BH 153911 (F-4S) to storage at NAD Cherry Point, NC, SOC Jan 21, 2003

BH Good luck!

With best regards, Ghost Ryder. E-mail:

Old April 4th 07, 05:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default Looking for pictures of F-4J 153911 - f4j_153911-vmfa333-aj201-730526-atsugi.jpg (0/1)

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 23:08:54 GMT, "Ghost Ryder"
wrote:

[...]

Here's a photo. Sort of small, but a photo. Enjoy.

Osh Pictures Don Parsons Home Built 2 August 4th 06 01:43 AM
[PICTURES] Soaring Pictures ! Frederic Soaring 0 November 18th 05 08:40 PM
Just a few more pictures Wayne Owning 2 October 18th 03 09:57 PM
Sun n Fun pictures iflyatiger Owning 0 July 2nd 03 02:31 AM
Sun n Fun pictures iflyatiger Piloting 0 July 2nd 03 02:31 AM