Garmin 430 / 530 and 396 / 496

Old February 27th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Kobra

Default Garmin 430 / 530 and 396 / 496

Flyers,

I heard that the 430W-530W can communicate directly via wired connection to
a 496.

Therefore, if you enter a flight plan in the 430-530 the same route will
display on the 496.

If this is true, can the 396 do the same thing?
Will the full terminal procedure be put on the 496's display (IAP, FAF, MAP
and holding) once the approach is loaded and activated?

Kobra

Old March 2nd 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bill

In a word, yes.

The plan displayed on the 430/530, including approach procedures
is copied onto the 396.

And the 396 display is better than the 530.

When folks ask 530 vs 430, my response is always 430+396 or 496.
Better overall functionality, lower total cost.

BH

Old March 3rd 08, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Marco Leon[_5_]

"Bill" wrote in message
In a word, yes.

The plan displayed on the 430/530, including approach procedures
is copied onto the 396.

And the 396 display is better than the 530.

When folks ask 530 vs 430, my response is always 430+396 or 496.
Better overall functionality, lower total cost.

Bill, does the 396/496 recognize the fixes being fed from the 430? I ask
because I tried importing a route into my 496 and it created all user
waypoints. I'm planning on doing the integration next month regardless but
I'm curious.

Thanks,

Marco

Old March 4th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Bill

I believe they are regular waypoints. Which database do they come
from?

I'm not sure about that. Might matter if the databases weren't both
current.

Bill Hale BPPP instructor

Old March 4th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Marco Leon[_5_]

"Bill" wrote in message
I believe they are regular waypoints. Which database do they come
from?

I'm not sure about that. Might matter if the databases weren't both
current.

I had imported the flight plan from Voyager so it may very well work better
between a Garmin-to-Garmin conversation. I realize that DB's that aren't
synched may create an issue as I don't plan on keeping the 496 on a 28-day
update cycle as I will my 430.

Marco

XM Wx Garmin 430/430W with Garmin GDL-69? [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 4 March 5th 07 03:52 AM
From Garmin 296 to 496 Cherokee Piloting 21 January 5th 07 03:39 AM
This is why Garmin 296's street price has been dropping -> Garmin 396 [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 7 July 11th 05 06:39 PM
Just got my Garmin 296! Stan Products 5 May 21st 04 08:50 AM
WTB- GARMIN 196 Patrick Aviation Marketplace 1 March 3rd 04 05:05 AM