garmin g600

Old August 21st 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
~^ beancounter ~^

Default garmin g600

anyone using one? what are your thoughts and impressions?...

thanx

richard
colorado

Old September 6th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul kgyy

On Aug 21, 1:40*pm, "~^ beancounter ~^" wrote:
anyone using one? what are your thoughts and impressions?...

thanx

richard
colorado

I considered it as part of my panel upgrade but went with the Aspen
Evolution 1000 system - you get most of the benefits of glass for a
LOT less money. I had bought the plane with a Garmin 530W so already
had a good nav panel.

http://www.aspenavionics.com/index.p...s/efd1000-pro/

The Garmin might make sense if you're doing a fresh start on a total
panel rebuild, starting with 1960s avionics throughout.
Old September 6th 08, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
~^ beancounter ~^

our partners are l@@kin' at Aspen products as well...
more bang for the buck..ea?

richard
colorado

ps: we may wait a year or two for the next generation 3d
units to come down a bit in price......not sure yet....

Old September 9th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul kgyy

I primarily wanted backup for the vacuum AI and HI and the Aspen
provides both. I also wanted GPSS and that's built into the Aspen
unit as well. Using solid state gyro technology also had a lot of
appeal, rather than doing a duplicate mechanical gyro except
electrically driven.

Besides all that, you get a full HSI and RMI built in, as well as the
center section that provides TAS, OAT, and winds aloft.

Hard to beat in a 10K package.
Old September 9th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
~^ beancounter ~^

true dat..... ‹(•¿•)›

" Hard to beat in a 10K package "

Old September 11th 08, 12:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
~^ beancounter ~^

----------------ann news snip--------------------------------
The Garmin G600 was first unveiled at AirVenture 2006, as ANN
reported.
Cutter calls the retrofit panel a perfect solution for owners looking
for the
enhanced situational awareness, pilot workload reduction and safety
that
a glass cockpit provides without the need of upgrading to a
completely
new aircraft.

Contained within the space of a standard "six-pack" of primary flight
instruments,
the two 6.5-inch diagonal flat-panel LCDs of the G600 allows for an
easy upgrade
to a glass cockpit without costly and time-consuming major panel
redesigns
or replacement.

The Garmin G600 offers a crisp and clear VGA quality display that's
fully
readable in direct sunlight thanks to Garmin's advanced RGB backlight
system. Replacing gyro-based mechanical instruments, the left-hand
panel offers an EFIS-like Primary Flight Display for attitude,
airspeed,
climb rate, altitude and course/heading information. The right-hand
panel
serves as the Multi-Function display providing a wide range of data
from
navigational overlays to weather data. Such a combination allows
owners
to experience a "big picture" suite of avionics without replacing
their
beloved aircraft.

Cutter says that depending on your panel configuration, installation
time
can be as little as two weeks from start to finish for the G600
upgrade.

FMI: www.garmin.com, www.cutteraviation.com

On Sep 9, 9:53*am, "~^ beancounter ~^" wrote:
true dat..... * * * ‹(•¿•)›

" Hard to beat in a 10K package "

On Sep 9, 8:15*am, Paul kgyy wrote:

I primarily wanted backup for the vacuum AI and HI and the Aspen
provides both. *I also wanted GPSS and that's built into the Aspen
unit as well. *Using solid state gyro technology also had a lot of
appeal, rather than doing a duplicate mechanical gyro except
electrically driven.

Besides all that, you get a full HSI and RMI built in, as well as the
center section that provides TAS, OAT, and winds aloft.

Hard to beat in a 10K package.- Hide quoted text -

Old September 11th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul kgyy

I did ask about the G600 at my installer before installing the Aspen
unit. He estimated about $35AMU for the G600 vs 13 for the Aspen.

Old September 12th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter Clark

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:16:40 -0700 (PDT), Paul kgyy
wrote:

I did ask about the G600 at my installer before installing the Aspen
unit. He estimated about $35AMU for the G600 vs 13 for the Aspen.

Before looking at just raw numbers get an apple-to-apples comparison.
Yes, G600 will cost much more, but it's also a significantly different
platform than the aspen.
Old September 12th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike

wrote:

I did ask about the G600 at my installer before installing the Aspen
unit. He estimated about $35AMU for the G600 vs 13 for the Aspen.

That sounds like the Aspen PFD only for that price.

Before looking at just raw numbers get an apple-to-apples comparison.
Yes, G600 will cost much more, but it's also a significantly different
platform than the aspen.

Really the only way you can compare the Aspen to the G600 is if you go with
the PFD + 2 MFD setup that Aspen has. If you look at it from that
perspective it's much closer to comparing apples-to-apples and the price is
comparable also.

Garmin G600 Mike Isaksen Piloting 8 October 18th 07 12:15 AM
Garmin G600 Alex M. (Mooney in California) Owning 6 May 5th 07 04:38 PM
XM Wx Garmin 430/430W with Garmin GDL-69? [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 4 March 5th 07 04:52 AM
This is why Garmin 296's street price has been dropping -> Garmin 396 [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 7 July 11th 05 06:39 PM
FA: Garmin 195 JerryK Aviation Marketplace 1 September 8th 03 09:41 PM