Medical question (PAD)

Old September 14th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve

Default Medical question (PAD)

I am trying to get my 3rd class medical, and have received a request for
more info from the FAA on my diagnosis of peripheral artery disease. My
condition is limited to my legs. Anyone else successfully get their medical
with this condition? Or anyone denied? Thanks.

Old September 14th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

are you working this through the AOPA Medical Advisory Group?
They may know your answers already.
BT

Old September 14th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve

"BT" wrote in message
are you working this through the AOPA Medical Advisory Group?
They may know your answers already.
BT

No, I do not know what that is.

Old September 14th 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Clark

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 20:27:37 -0700, "Steve"
wrote:

"BT" wrote in message
are you working this through the AOPA Medical Advisory Group?
They may know your answers already.
BT

No, I do not know what that is.

Joining AOPA (http://www.aopa.org/ ) gives you access to a team of
people who specialize in medical issues and how to get through them if
it's possible under the regulations. If you're a student pilot, I
believe they even have a six month free offer (but it's been a while
since I originally subscribed) which can help get you through it
without having to pay the membership fee and see some of the other
membership benefits (the magazines, members section of the website, et
al) and let you have an informed decision as to whether to continue
being a member when the trial term is up.
Old September 14th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Isaksen

"Steve" wrote ...
"BT" wrote ...
are you working this through the AOPA Medical Advisory
Group? They may know your answers already.

No, I do not know what that is.

I've had may share of past issues with AOPA "getting too big", but they are
probably the strongest voice (lobby) we aviators could ever ask for. You
should join.

AOPA is the primary reason the FAA's medical special processing backlog has
been reduced from months to days. Don't know how they did it, but it should
be case study for breaking through govt bureaucracy. You need to tap into
that experience.

Old September 14th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve

"Peter Clark" wrote in message

Joining AOPA (http://www.aopa.org/ ) gives you access to a team of
people who specialize in medical issues and how to get through them if
it's possible under the regulations. If you're a student pilot, I
believe they even have a six month free offer (but it's been a while
since I originally subscribed) which can help get you through it
without having to pay the membership fee and see some of the other
membership benefits (the magazines, members section of the website, et
al) and let you have an informed decision as to whether to continue
being a member when the trial term is up.

Thanks much, sounds like just what I need. I'll check it out.

Old September 15th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul kgyy

In addition to joining AOPA, sign up for their forum. They have a
very helpful medical forum. One of the forum members is Dr. Bruce
Chien, a proactive AME.

Old September 15th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-09-15, Paul kgyy wrote:
In addition to joining AOPA, sign up for their forum. They have a
very helpful medical forum. One of the forum members is Dr. Bruce
Chien, a proactive AME.

Dr. Bruce is also active on Pilots of America.

With that said, I certainly recommend all pilots join AOPA, and their
medical department is top notch.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old September 15th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Steve wrote:
"Peter Clark" wrote in message

Joining AOPA (http://www.aopa.org/ ) gives you access to a team of
people who specialize in medical issues and how to get through them if
it's possible under the regulations. If you're a student pilot, I
believe they even have a six month free offer (but it's been a while
since I originally subscribed) which can help get you through it
without having to pay the membership fee and see some of the other
membership benefits (the magazines, members section of the website, et
al) and let you have an informed decision as to whether to continue
being a member when the trial term is up.

Thanks much, sounds like just what I need. I'll check it out.

And once you do go to their forums. They have a "Medical Matters" forum
in there where Dr. Bruce Chien has helped a lot of people with medical
issues. He is a CFIA-I-MEI-ATP, AME and on AOPA's Board of Aviation
Medical advisers. He answers questions very quickly in the forum and via
private messages.
Old September 15th 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...
Steve wrote:
"Peter Clark" wrote in message

And once you do go to their forums. They have a "Medical Matters" forum in
there where Dr. Bruce Chien has helped a lot of people with medical
issues. He is a CFIA-I-MEI-ATP, AME and on AOPA's Board of Aviation
Medical advisers. He answers questions very quickly in the forum and via
private messages.

He did, within minutes of posting. Thanks to all for the suggestion

medical question Emily Piloting 223 September 28th 06 09:50 PM
Question on the medical... Richard Piloting 25 March 29th 06 04:41 PM
Medical question Michael Piloting 10 December 7th 05 07:58 PM
FAA medical question G. Sylvester Piloting 17 March 12th 05 12:13 PM
Question Medical Captain Wubba Piloting 5 June 11th 04 05:12 AM