Stop Making Sense

Old January 9th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Stop Making Sense

Eduardo K. wrote:
In article ulowf.8497$jR.4277@fed1read01,
Jay Beckman wrote:

Here in AZ, in only another 17 days we'll set a new record for duration
*without* any rain.

There has to be a happy medium somewhere!

california?

Don't they have enough rain at times every year to cause expensive portions of
the State to wash away?

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 9th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jay Honeck wrote:

Remember, personal flying *is* an adventure. Trying to make your airplane
into a "personal airliner" is, IMHO, a huge mistake, as it is not only
doomed to fail, but simply not any fun.

I beg to differ: using a personal airplane for transportation is not doomed to
fail, and it's a huge amount of fun. So is instrument flying. There is more than
one way to enjoy aviation.

You say tom-ay-to, and I say tom-ah-to.

Davd
Old January 9th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

--
Eduardo K. | To put a pipe in byte mode,
http://www.carfun.cl | type PIPE_TYPE_BYTE.

No, I wouldn't consider Kalifornia to be a happy medium for anything...

Jay B

Old January 9th 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I beg to differ: using a personal airplane for transportation is not doomed to
fail, and it's a huge amount of fun. So is instrument flying. There is more than
one way to enjoy aviation.

You say tom-ay-to, and I say tom-ah-to.

I agree completely, our airplane has become MUCH more useful to us
since I got the IR....
--
Cheers,
John Clonts

Old January 9th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Maule Driver" wrote)
It's been the most rewarding time of our lives so far but time is
passing.... those kits sure are looking interesting.

Which kits do you have your eye on?

Montblack

Old January 9th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

RV10. It's more than an eye.... the workshop is under construction.

My goal is enjoying the building process but I figure I may have to live
with and fly whatever I build.

After having a 4 place (2 people plus any desired luggage) it's
difficult to imagine having less.

Old January 10th 06, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article kFwwf.2074$Xo5.1038@trnddc02,
George Patterson wrote:

There has to be a happy medium somewhere!

california?

Don't they have enough rain at times every year to cause expensive portions of
the State to wash away?

Yup, the 2006 Unlimited Downhill House Racing season just opened up...

But we do get some great flying weather.

Pics from yesterday: http://www.clear-prop.org/fly-01-08-06/

I'm surprised Norcal Approach didnt make any comments. I circled the
Golden Gate for about 45minutes waiting for solar noon so I could get
the last few shots of the bridge in the link above.

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

Old January 10th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

George Patterson wrote:

There has to be a happy medium somewhere!

california?

Don't they have enough rain at times every year to cause expensive
portions of
the State to wash away?

Yup, the 2006 Unlimited Downhill House Racing season just opened up...

But we do get some great flying weather.

Pics from yesterday: http://www.clear-prop.org/fly-01-08-06/

I'm surprised Norcal Approach didnt make any comments. I circled the
Golden Gate for about 45minutes waiting for solar noon so I could get
the last few shots of the bridge in the link above.

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

Fabulous shots of the bridge and the Presidio...

Jay B

Old January 10th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 9-Jan-2006, Maule Driver wrote:

THere's plenty of VMC where 2 mins of IFR flight thru IMC makes the
flight pleasuable, faster, and safer. That's where the sweet spot of
utility is.

You've got that right! I remember a flight last spring from Helena, MT to
the Fargo, ND area. There was a low stratus deck over the entire route with
widespread rain showers. 10 minutes of IMC at the beginning and end of the
flight meant I could cruise in smooth air at 11,000 ft with a 20+ kt
tailwind for the 4 hr flight. VFR would have taken an hour longer, scud
running in the bumps below the stratus deck while dodging rain showers (and
antenna towers!).

--
-Elliott Drucker
Old January 10th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Pics from yesterday: http://www.clear-prop.org/fly-01-08-06/

Beautiful, John!
--
Jay Honeck