Parowan 6-24 711 reporting

Old June 25th 04, 01:13 AM
TomnKeyLargo

Default Parowan 6-24 711 reporting

OK.What goes faster then the speed of light, and cracks the 100 mph barrier at
Parowan for the first time??? Well, its a ASW 27b, DRY, driven by GW, Steve
Koerner. On a 2 hr TAT. All classes flew a TAT cause of build ups. We launched
early, 11:25 am was first tow. Black flat bottom building cu are seen by all at
180 plus with lift to 15 kts, and streeting. Ok, 9B still is in first with KS
really close behind. KS wins the day in Sports. WX wins the day in Standard and
still in first with 7V close behind. P7 still in first with RW in second. Most
of the speeds were between 80 to 90 mph. We have 2 days to go. Tonight is a
dinner in the hangar with some gooooood stuff. Today I heard, just heard, that
the City fathers are going to add 2000 ft to make the runway 7000 ft long. And
add a dirt runway for the tow planes. Also, the area by the new paved ramp,
like its so large 55 sailplanes are having no problem tieing down or getting
back in the box, is getting setup for RV and camping spots. Remember next year
the Sports Class will be here, and just maybe one or two regionals. QV is doing
a great job on the weather, with WX helping out. Fly safe, Thermal tight, Soar
high. # 711 reporting.