Concept 70 opinions

Old November 17th 03, 06:06 PM
Gus Rasch

Default Concept 70 opinions

Group,

Anybody have experience with a Berkshire Concept 70? Its a 15M glass
ship with flaps and I am considering one thats available. Thanks for
your input.

GR
Old November 17th 03, 06:24 PM
tango4

No airbrakes but 90 degree flaps. 21 built, moulds destroyed ( parts etc few
and far between!)

see http://www.sailplanedirectory.com/Pl...cfm?planeID=62

Apologies to its current owner but the words 'bargepole', 'would not' and
'touch' spring to mind!

Ian

m...

Old November 17th 03, 08:26 PM
Ben Jeffrey

I have had a Concept 70 for several years. My experience with the Concept has been very positive and feedback from other owners has been as well. It performs at the level of a Standard Cirrus and is honest in it's flying characteristics. The cockpit is large and comfortable. In fact the tooling is not destroyed, although not readily accessible. I had the canopy damaged on mine a few years ago and replacements are available now from Thermotec.

I would be glad to talk with you - send me your phone number vial email if you do.

Ben Jeffrey
N914RJ
(remove xyz)

Old November 18th 03, 06:47 PM
WNockles

I owned a C-70 for several years and watched over their construction for a few
years as well. Aside from weight, they are delightful ships; very forgiving and
extremely strong. The flaps slow the stall speed to about 35 mph which make for
easy approaches, however the ship will float and you may have to dump some flap
to touch down. An easy solution is to come in with partial flaps. The steel
cage
Old November 18th 03, 06:51 PM
WNockles

around the pilot is superb protection. All in all the C-70 is an excellent
sailplane.

Best wishes,
Bill Nockles