2004 Vågå Wavecamp

Old November 17th 03, 03:22 PM
Øyvind Moe

Default 2004 Vågå Wavecamp

Registration has opened at http://www.wavecamp.no/

The best wave soaring site in Europe !
Enjoy the mountain flying in Norway.

Old November 19th 03, 06:20 AM
JS

Would you like to state some arguments why "The best wave soaring site in
Europe"...?

Old November 19th 03, 09:51 AM
Øyvind Moe

We have had excellent statistics:
1 Diamond badges, Gold badges
2 Weather
3 Altitude records

The place Vågå is in between mountains. Vågå is east of the highest
mountains in Scandinavia (Jotunheimen, Galdhøpiggen) On south-westerly winds
we almost always have good wave conditions. The "Tesse-wave" is a
predictable wave. One day at the 2002 camp this wave produced 32 diamond
badges out of 62 flights. One flight at the same camp was credited an
altitude record of 10350 meter (The actual altitude was more, but the logger
reached its limit). Another flight reached 7000 meter in 20 minutes from
take-off (the aerotow release height was 1200 meter).
Vågå is south of the Dovrefjell mountains. So for northerly winds we get
good conditions with dry winds and we can experience gliders stacked or on a
line at 7000 meter in clear sky and excellent visibility.
Even for easterly wind we can expect wave condition. The Rondane mountains
is located east of Vågå.
Due to the position in between the mountains, the humidity is often low and
the amount of clouds is seldom any big problem. We have had the camp
arranged for 13 years and during each week we have had flying condition each
year. Except from one year we have had diamond badges each camp.

You can find more information on the Wavecamp site
http://www.wavecamp.no/

Old November 19th 03, 06:01 PM
Robert Danewid

On

http://www.segelflyget.se/robbans.html

You will find a study of the waves at Vågå in 2002 (in English).

Robert