The power of RAS

Old November 19th 03, 12:44 PM
Clint

Default The power of RAS

On the 10th of November, I started a thread about our gliding clubs
new web site - and gave the URL for the website in the post
(www.ggc.co.za). Yesterday - I checked with the webmaster to see if he
had noted an increase in hits to the site. He sent me the following
statistics:

For the six days prior to the 10th - the site averaged 373 hits per
day. On the 10th there were 17 974 hits and the following day there
were 14 626 hits. For the subsequent six days (until yesterday) the
site averaged 1532 hits per day. These hits were from 21 different
countries - with the majority being from the USA.

I was absolutely amazed by the vast readership of RAS. For a site to
experience such a vast increase in traffic after a single post
indicates that RAS must have phenomenal reach to those interested in
anything soaring. I know that most of my fellow gliding pilots at the
club where I fly do not follow RAS as actively as I do, and I imagine
that worldwide - most pilots do not check RAS on a daily basis. But
for ~30 000 extra hits to be generated at the club's website, over two
days, after one posting shows that there are many, many people who do
read RAS everyday. Shows the power of the internet.

Clinton
LAK 12
Old November 19th 03, 02:54 PM
Shawn Curry

Clint wrote:
[...]

Must've missed that one. Chalk up another hit. Nice Site :-)

Cheers,
Shawn