Thermal locators!

Old November 21st 03, 02:38 PM
JJ Sinclair

Thermals can be found in rather predictable locations in the mountains, but how
do these *thermal finders* work over flat country, say Hobbs or Uvalde?
JJ Sinclair
Old November 21st 03, 07:15 PM
Bob Johnson

OK sports fans, how about this?

http://www.tnrcc.state.tx.us/updated...latest.vis.GIF

A couple of newfangled photo/cell phones and a good wife home in front
of the PC sending me cu updates. There's our uplink!

I would like to zero in on a smaller area, like Midland-Hobbs-Clovis and
return, but that should be do-able, shouldn't it? The smaller area, that
is.

Winter thots ---

BJ

Bob Johnson wrote:

Serusly, maybe Dr. Jack can log in with his forecast of when he thinks
real-time moving map cockpit displays of current thermals, or (let's not
be unreasonable here) 1-hr old thermals will be available.

Or does he think there is a physical limit to this problem, beyond which
we cannot go? (Like 7 A-h batteries)

Winter food for thot

BJ

Old November 21st 03, 07:35 PM
Bob Johnson

Here's a real sexy one. Look at those cu's on the coast!

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/goes/burn...nmex_last.html

BJ