Comm. Ride Pilot(s) Needed - S. NV

Old March 29th 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karen

Default Comm. Ride Pilot(s) Needed - S. NV

Min. 100 hrs. Ride experience required.

(Private glider pilots with lots of hours need not apply.)

Busy season, April-Sept. 20 Days av per month. F/T or P/T.

Fax: Exp summary to: 702 874 1690

or email to:

info@soaringcenter dot net

Karen
Old March 29th 10, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Mar 29, 8:41*am, Karen wrote:
Min. 100 hrs. Ride experience required.

(Private glider pilots with lots of hours need not apply.)

Busy season, April-Sept. 20 Days av per month. F/T or P/T.

Fax: Exp summary to: 702 874 1690

or email to:

info@soaringcenter dot net

Karen

" Min. 100 hrs. Ride experience required.

(Private glider pilots with lots of hours need not apply.)"

Very interesting approach to ride pilots and safety. I would rather
have a PP with lots of hours willing to get a commercial fly me than a
120 hour up and down wonder. I thought we learned that lesson in
Hawaii a few years ago. Especially flying in Southern Nevada where
thunderstorms can require a very good understanding of weather, flying
skills and judgment.
Old March 29th 10, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Liam

On Mar 29, 7:37*am, Tim Taylor wrote:
On Mar 29, 8:41*am, Karen wrote:

Min. 100 hrs. Ride experience required.

(Private glider pilots with lots of hours need not apply.)

Busy season, April-Sept. 20 Days av per month. F/T or P/T.

Fax: Exp summary to: 702 874 1690

or email to:

info@soaringcenter dot net

Karen

" Min. 100 hrs. Ride experience required.

(Private glider pilots with lots of hours need not apply.)"

Very interesting approach to ride pilots and safety. *I would rather
have a PP with lots of hours willing to get a commercial fly me than a
120 hour up and down wonder. *I thought we learned that lesson in
Hawaii a few years ago. *Especially flying in Southern Nevada where
thunderstorms can require a very good understanding of weather, flying
skills and judgment.

I think the issue is that private pilots tend to stay up too long. Up
and downers know how to get the glider back on the ground fast, and
aren't tempted to stretch the flight by lingering in lift.
Old March 30th 10, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZZ

On 3/29/2010 8:48 AM, Liam wrote:
On Mar 29, 7:37 am, Tim wrote:
On Mar 29, 8:41 am, wrote:

[...]

OR...

The issue might be that Private pilots cannot legally fly for hire. Also
insurance carriers might insist that the pilots have a Commercial Pilots
Certificate.

Paul
ZZ
Old March 30th 10, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_28_]

It only seems to make sense to me that you would want a already-rated
commercial pilot who has "been there, done that" over someone who
doesn't yet have their commercial ticket.It will also cut down on the
number of applicants to be screened from thousands to mere
hundreds ;-).