"Airline", Newest Reality Show TONIGHT!!!

Old January 6th 04, 02:11 PM
Tune2828

yet they still act like that and even consent to it being shown on
national TV

i wonder this about many reality shows. perhaps they're given a small
renumeration?

my guilty pleasure is this horrific and trashy show caled "cheaters" which
follows 20 somethings around in texas somewhere who are cheating on each other
- then the slick host has the cheated on confront the cheater.

Old January 6th 04, 03:52 PM
In Your Dreams... Sonny

Stu Gotts wrote:

Using the "cockpit cam" I'll bet
we see a bunch of good stuff!

You two little boys must be having wet dreams again.
Old January 6th 04, 05:38 PM
CFLav8r

yet they still act like that and even consent to it being shown on
national TV

i wonder this about many reality shows. perhaps they're given a small
renumeration?

They continue to act that way because in there own mind they are not doing
anything wrong.
You and I see it as wrong but that person thinks that their actions are
correct behavior.
I see this everyday from at least 1% of the flying public.
But at least the other 99% are well behaved.
The stories I could tell about real things that happen at the airport would
more than fill a season of shows.

David (MCO)

Old January 7th 04, 05:20 AM
pacplyer

"C J Campbell" wrote in message ...
"Toks Desalu" wrote in message
| ALERT ALERT ALERT
|
| "Airline": Southwest's reality show is on tonight at 10pm eastern time on
| A&E.

Against my better judgment I stayed up and watched it. It was OK in places,
but the constant moving around of the camera was annoying, to say the least.
What I don't understand is it looks like the passengers are aware of the
camera, yet they still act like that and even consent to it being shown on
national TV. I didn't think it was all that interesting. But then, I rarely
watch TV at all, let alone 'reality' shows. I prefer movies.

God, just what I need, something in my house that simuates the torture
of commuting. Mabey I can turn the airport PA up at night while I'm
trying to sleep to get the realism just right!

Nightmares!
Old January 7th 04, 05:19 PM
Dave

"Tune2828" wrote in message
yet they still act like that and even consent to it being shown on
national TV

i wonder this about many reality shows. perhaps they're given a small
renumeration?

my guilty pleasure is this horrific and trashy show caled "cheaters"

which
follows 20 somethings around in texas somewhere who are cheating on each

other
- then the slick host has the cheated on confront the cheater.

We have had such a show here for the last three years featuring Easyjet a
budget airline.

Its fascinating and you really see at close up what a bunch of jerks airline
passengers are.

Someone for example buys a ticket to Paris for $10 from London and gets
****ed off when the flight is cancelled and the airline does not put them up
in a hotel.

You get a conversation like:

SLF (self loading freight aka passenger) This is disgraceful, British
Airways would pay for accommodation.

Easyjet; This is not BA, we don't charge BA fares.

SLF: I know they wanted to charge me $300 to go to Paris

Easyjet: Well with the money you saved get your own hotel and come back in
the morning.

SLF: I will never fly Easyjet again.

Easyjet: Does that mean you don't want the morning flight

SLF: Yes.

SLF2: Any flights to Paris in the Morning?

Easyjet: yes one seat $100

SLF2: OK

Next day, SLF turns up in the Morning,

SLF : I would like that seat to Paris this morning.

Easyjet: Sorry that flight is full, you can go later this morning.

SLF: OK

Easyjet: That's $300 please.

SLF But I only paid $10 for the last flight.

Easyjet: yes but you booked that 3 months in advance........

Then just watch the SLF go ballistic they are as thick as ****.

Old January 10th 04, 01:37 PM
Blueskies

How is it that a camera crew and all the support folks can get out to the gate, but my daughter and wife can not?

--
Dan D.

..
"Jennifer Novak" wrote in message ...
Yeah I guess that's the first reality show I'm actually interested in
watching. I read that none of it was staged. They just spent six month with
camera crews at LAX and Chicago Midway showing up unannounced at the gates
and filming until something interesting happened. Of course, I'm sure the
editing job might make it cheesy, but I'll at least give it a try. (Assuming
my future father-in-law doesn't delete the episodes off the Tivo... I don't
have cable here at my house, gotta rely on him to record & keep them.)

I find myself liking Southwest just for being willing to do this kind of
thing. None of the other airlines would agree to it.

Jennifer

Toks Desalu wrote:

ALERT ALERT ALERT

"Airline": Southwest's reality show is on tonight at 10pm eastern time on
A&E.

I am surprised that no one mention it earlier. I was out country until
today.

Toks Desalu
PP-ASEL
Dyin' to Soar

Old January 10th 04, 02:07 PM
CFLav8r

"Blueskies" wrote in message
How is it that a camera crew and all the support folks can get out to the

gate, but my daughter and wife can not?

Easy! Your wife and daughter do not have prior written permission from the
airport to operate within the sterile areas. In most cases this is arranged
months in advance and an authorized airport official is with them at all
times.
It is nice to have a sterile concourse now, it keeps the local media from
being able to come out to the gates everytime they are a little low on news
for the evening.
That of course does not keep the local media from coming out to the ticket
counters and video taping a cluster of people in one little tiny area and
then reporting on the news that the airport was jam packed.
Oops! I strayed from your answer.

David
MCO

Old January 10th 04, 02:58 PM
Judah

If your daughter and wife would have the power to assist in the spread of
the public paranoia, I am sure they would have been able to work something
out...

"Blueskies" wrote in
gy.com: