Aircraft circuit breakers

Old October 2nd 03, 10:01 PM
Bill Staley

Default Aircraft circuit breakers

I am rewiring my panel and would like to use circuit breakers instead
of fuses. I have been unable to find a source. Anyone know where I
might be able to purchase these? I'm in Tennessee, USA.
Old October 2nd 03, 10:17 PM
DFKroesch

I get my circuit breakers from Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.

www.aircraftspruce.com
Old October 3rd 03, 03:07 AM
Eric Niedrauer

On 2 Oct 2003 14:01:35 -0700, Bill Staley wrote:

I am rewiring my panel and would like to use circuit breakers instead
of fuses. I have been unable to find a source. Anyone know where I
might be able to purchase these? I'm in Tennessee, USA.

Chief Aircraft in Oregon is fast and reliable.

http://www.chiefaircraft.com

--------------------
Eric Niedrauer
Private Pilot SEL, Glider, Instrument
Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
--------------------
Old October 3rd 03, 11:33 PM
Bill Staley

Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Somehow I lost your email address so I am
replying to your msg here.

The resettable fuses are exactly what I am looking for.

If you can find out, I'd really appreciate it. I've been trying to
find a place to get them for almost a year. I never thought to call
them "resettable fuses".

Bill
Old October 6th 03, 03:06 AM
Roger Druce

Perhaps a bright (ie. brighter than me, which isn't a difficult hurdle)
electricity conversant person on this list may care to comment.

I seem to recollect someone saying that conventional aircraft circuit
breakers had a small volt drop across them. This would be OK for an
aircraft with an altenator supplying power continuously, but may not be so
smart for a battery driven supply situation??

Perhaps then resettable fuses would be better than circuit breakers??

What Pros & Cons??

Roger Druce

m...