Will the new government have any effect on GA?

Old November 22nd 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Default POL Will the new government have any effect on GA?

Don,

Free, prosperous capitalists do not send their
sons and daughters halfway around the world to kill their customers.

Uhm, that's exactly what the US is doing.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 22nd 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Don,

Free, prosperous capitalists do not send their
sons and daughters halfway around the world to kill their customers.

Uhm, that's exactly what the US is doing.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Strange that someone that lives in a country that would probably be speaking
Russian by now had we not sent our sons and daughters to your continent and
kept them there for the better part of a century would bitch now that we are
doing it somewhere else against a new enemy.

Old November 22nd 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote in message

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message

Strange that someone that lives in a country that would probably be
speaking Russian by now...

You assume he thinks that would be a bad thing.

Old November 22nd 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Gig,

would bitch now that we are
doing it somewhere else against a new enemy.

And exactly where in my post did I do that?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 22nd 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 11:25:45 -0600, Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

Strange that someone that lives in a country that would probably be speaking
Russian by now had we not sent our sons and daughters to your continent and
kept them there for the better part of a century would bitch now that we are
doing it somewhere else against a new enemy.

and this does not give the second next generation any rights? should we
Europeans shut up forever and let you spy on us and steal from us forever
[1]? Or should we stand up - thanking for the support and help your
grandparents and maybe also parents gave - and walk our own way?

[1] pleeze. nor aguing about this. it has been proved and you won't believe
it anyway.

#m
--
Enemy Combatant http://itsnotallbad.com/
Old November 22nd 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

The war is not on terror, it is on Islamic Fascism. Terror is just a
strategy.

Uh... I'd be happy if the Islamic Facists stayed where they were. I
would not be happy if Catholics blew up abortion clinics. The war is on
terrorism.

What constitutes "winning"?

The danger they pose to my grandchildren is eliminated.

How do we know the danger is gone?

Bush's Plan A, to bring the rule of law and capitalism to the Muslim
world still could work. Free, prosperous capitalists do not send their
sons and daughters halfway around the world to kill their customers.

But that is exactly what =we= are doing under plan A.

Failing that, a general middle east war between Sunni and Shia could
divert their attention from us toward killing each other for a few
hundred more years. This appears to be Rumsfeld's Plan B.

A successful terrorism attack requires very few people.

But if neither of those works, then we will have to sequester them by
air and sea and destroy their technological base to the point they
are incapable of harming us.

Killing Muslims doesn't eliminate terror. It just changes the source.

Jose
--
"There are 3 secrets to the perfect landing. Unfortunately, nobody knows
what they are." - (mike).
Old November 23rd 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Martin Hotze wrote:

[1] pleeze. nor aguing about this. it has been proved and you won't believe
it anyway.

People who really know something about who is "stealing" from who generally
aren't allowed to talk about it openly.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old December 31st 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Will the new government have any effect on GA?

Matt Whiting wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:
Nonsense.

Ask the Secret Service.

What can't we say today that we *could* say in 2000?

What rights have I lost due to anything done in the War on Terror?

I don't know that you have lost any rights, but I've lost two that I can
think of quickly. I've lost the right to land at Washington National
airport. Luckily, I made one flight in there in the last 90s so I have
that in my logbook. It was a real neat trip. I had to fly in at night
as I couldn't get an IFR reservation before 7:00 PM and this was in the
winter. I had to hold briefly over the city waiting for a hole in the
airline traffic, but the view was priceless and I'd have held another 10
minutes given the chance.

I also lost the right to land at Meigs Field and I never did get in there.

I must have missed that "right" in any of the Constituional amendments.
Seaplanes still welcome..JG