Region 11 Sports Class Tracking

Old May 17th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MarkHawke7

Default Region 11 Sports Class Tracking

All,
The Region 11 Sports Class contest is going on at Crazy Creek this
weekend and next. As with others this year, I have setup tracking so
everyone can watch. It is a small contest but nearly everyone in the
contest is flying with a SPOT. Also Darryl Ramm is doing a wonderful
job of helping and ensuring everyone actually makes it into tracking
mode. No spurrious OK's. :-)

The links can be found at:
Google Earth - http://r11sportstracking.appjet.net/...tstracking.kml
Google Maps - http://r11sportstracking.appjet.net/...tstracking.htm

The google earth link A) you have to have Google Earth installed and
B) for some people works better if you save the kml file to your
computer and then double click it from there to bring up the tracking
page on Google Earth.

Later!

-Mark
Old May 17th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Udo Rumpf[_2_]

I have everything loaded, it shows the task and the symbols but
it just scans all over.
Udo

Old May 18th 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_1_]

Google Earth -http://r11sportstracking.appjet.net/files/r11sportstracking..kml
Google Maps -http://r11sportstracking.appjet.net/files/r11sportstracking.htm

The google earth link A) you have to have Google Earth installed and
B) for some people works better if you save the kml file to your
computer and then double click it from there to bring up the tracking
page on Google Earth.

Later!

-Mark

Way to go Mark! ;-)

Frank (TA)
Old May 19th 09, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On May 17, 4:10*pm, Frank wrote:
[...]

We have nine SPOT trackers and about eleven or so pilots flying in a
small but lots of fun sports class contest. We've had not any false
"OK" messages and pretty good reception of SPOT messenger signals. We
had one pilot test their SPOT one day then forgot that TRACK mode
expires 24 hours later so we lost messages from him part way though
the next race day.

The Internet access at the gliderport is satelite based and it was a
bit slow and having problems on one of our two days so far, it may be
because the link had exceeded daily data transfer quota doing other
things and the provider throttled the traffic.

Thanks Mark for a great service, this really helps out the contest
organizers and people watching along from home.

I'd like to get 100% of the pilots on SPOT at the contest, we are
close.

Darryl

Old May 19th 09, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MarkHawke7

The Seniors ran into the same issue with their sat service provider.
They exceeded their limit and they started throttling.

Later!

-Mark