Flarm error

Old September 5th 14, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergreg

Default Flarm error

Anyone know what a FLARM error three is. I get this voice message on my Butterfly Vario then the flarm page goes to a large X.
Old September 5th 14, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Friday, September 5, 2014 9:17:21 AM UTC-4, glidergreg wrote:
Anyone know what a FLARM error three is. I get this voice message on my Butterfly Vario then the flarm page goes to a large X.

I don't know what that one is, but last weekend I was getting a "FLARM IO" error when trying to download to a USB stick. I tried other sticks, error-checking them, re-formatting them, with no luck. Also tried directly to the Core, vs the USB panel pass-through.

I then re-installed the flarmcfg.txt file, and that fixed the problem (both sticks can download). I also updated the flarmnet data in the Butterfly display.

I'd try redoing your flarmcfg.txt file as a starting point.

Dan
2D

Old September 5th 14, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergreg

On Friday, September 5, 2014 8:17:21 AM UTC-5, glidergreg wrote:
Anyone know what a FLARM error three is. I get this voice message on my Butterfly Vario then the flarm page goes to a large X.

Thanks Dan,

I also found that when I download a newer updated version to my PC, it will add a (1) or(2) to the end of the flie name before the period. I assume that the PC knows that a file with a similar name exists and adds the (-) to differentiate it. To fix this I rename the file by removing any of the (-) in the name and then upload it to the device.

Anyone have a listing of what these FLAMR error codes are or imply?
Old September 5th 14, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Friday, September 5, 2014 9:17:21 AM UTC-4, glidergreg wrote:
Anyone know what a FLARM error three is.
I get this voice message on my Butterfly Vario

What does the voice message say?

then the flarm page goes to a large X.

From the dataport specification, there is no error
code 3. There is a SEVERITY 3, which means "fatal error".
That is accompanied with an error code describing
the problem in detail.

Your display device does not tell you the
actual error code?

Hope that helps,
Best Regards, Dave
Old September 6th 14, 09:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric

I thought Powerflarm core could only download flights and upload
declarations via the USB port? Can you now do these via a tablet and
the serial port?

Basil

Old September 8th 14, 05:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Friday, September 5, 2014 6:17:21 AM UTC-7, glidergreg wrote:
Anyone know what a FLARM error three is. I get this voice message on my Butterfly Vario then the flarm page goes to a large X.

What version of firmware on the Butterfly Vario?

Later that 1.0.8 (build 2100 or so) the Vario seems to try to communicate with the PF anytime you download flight files. Something happens in the protocol and you will get the voice warning "FLARM ERROR 3" repeated every 30 seconds and all communication with the Flarm is lost until reboot.

With 1.0.8 I have not had that error. Later builds, happens every time. I have reported it to Air, but no resolution that I know of yet.

Need Help with VOR error adjustment PiperFlyer Owning 4 March 7th 10 01:50 PM
2007 OLC Error Doug LS4 Soaring 3 October 16th 06 01:56 AM
FS9 Error Anthony Acri Simulators 1 November 2nd 05 05:25 AM
FS 2004 Error Help John Marks Simulators 3 June 26th 04 08:54 AM
CDI error Piperflyer Owning 1 February 16th 04 05:36 AM