Minden Airport Access

Old November 6th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
P. Corbett

Default Minden Airport Access

Bumper
I am sorry to learn of this driving test there. They did that at Jean,
NV and it adversely affected soaring. My wife and I are considering a
move to Minden and this is going to dampen my enthusiasm for the airport
and the area in general. Have they presented a good reason for doing
this? Is it possibly to discourage soaring from that airport? I am
curious how this might affect the sale of the soaring operation.

Good luck with the fight and thanks for keeping us informed.

Paul Corbett
ZZ (The original)
Old November 6th 07, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 6, 1:10 pm, "P. Corbett " wrote:
Bumper
I am sorry to learn of this driving test there. They did that at Jean,
NV and it adversely affected soaring. My wife and I are considering a
move to Minden and this is going to dampen my enthusiasm for the airport
and the area in general. Have they presented a good reason for doing
this? Is it possibly to discourage soaring from that airport? I am
curious how this might affect the sale of the soaring operation.

Good luck with the fight and thanks for keeping us informed.

Paul Corbett
ZZ (The original)

??? Did what at Jean? I fly from Jean almost exclusively, and I've
never heard of anything like this.

Old November 7th 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Paul,

Thanks for the support.

BTW, you would not be welcome at Minden, as my ZZ (not the original) and
yours would create an obvious conflict (g).

bumper
zz (lower case to avoid infringement)

Old November 7th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Nov 6, 11:22 pm, "P. Corbett " wrote:
wrote:
On Nov 6, 1:10 pm, "P. Corbett " wrote:
Bumper
I am sorry to learn of this driving test there. They did that at Jean,
NV and it adversely affected soaring. My wife and I are considering a
move to Minden and this is going to dampen my enthusiasm for the airport
and the area in general. Have they presented a good reason for doing
this? Is it possibly to discourage soaring from that airport? I am
curious how this might affect the sale of the soaring operation.

Good luck with the fight and thanks for keeping us informed.

Paul Corbett
ZZ (The original)

??? Did what at Jean? I fly from Jean almost exclusively, and I've
never heard of anything like this.

James

I may have been misinformed.

I had heard that the authorities at Jean imposed driving, auto insurance
and other restrictions on pilots using the airport and that this had an
impact on flying there. If this is untrue, my apologies.

Paul- Hide quoted text -

They DO require additional liability insurance to drive anywhere
except the access road and the parking lot. However, there is no test
to take, no card to carry, and as far as I can tell, it is completely
un-inforced, and un-inforceable. There are no gates between the
parking area and the ramp, no entry control points, and no airfield
employees checking. Also as far as I know, there has been no impact
on flying here.

Old November 8th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

When I was on the Airport Advisory Committee at Napa, CA, it was proposed to
require proof of insurance for all cars coming onto the airport, even guests
etc.

The idea had come downstream from the county attorney's office and insurance
consultant. We were able to quickly kill it at the AAC / airport management
level, as at Napa, the AAC is effective and properly used as a resource by
management.

bumper

ups.com...

Old November 8th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

Paul.. I will echo Mr Wynhoff.
I am the CCAA (Clark County Aviation Association) Representative for the
Jean Airport. CCAA is not "Gov't", we fight the gov't for PILOTS RIGHTS!

The Clark County Dept of Aviation (CCDoA) has included in all lease
agreements to business's and owners of private aircraft leasing hangers or
tie down space operating on any county airport to show proof of insurance,
list the County and County employees as "additional insured" on your policy,
and recently to review a "driving education" training for ON AIRPORT
DRIVING. They are just barely getting around to building a "hand out
pamphlet" for Jean (0L7). The North Las Vegas (VGT) and Henderson Airports
(HND), along with McCarran (LAS) have gate controlled access to the ramp,
and on presentation of insurance papers you can get a gate pass to open the
gate.

They even at one point tried to force companies that had no vehicle airport
access to meet the same requirements. That failed.

As Jim stated, they "have the requirement at Jean" because Jean is under the
umbrella of CCDoA supervision. It is not enforceable, they have no fences or
control gates separating public access from airport ramp access, they do not
even attempt to enforce it. How ever, if there is an incident, then all bets
are off.

There has been no impact to our soaring operations at Jean Airport.

BT

Old November 8th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
P. Corbett

wrote:
[...]

I am glad to hear that. Obviously, rumors abound.

Regards,

Paul

newsserver access Martin Hotze Piloting 7 April 21st 07 04:35 PM
OLC Access [email protected] Soaring 2 March 24th 06 06:08 PM
Planning a Minden Vacation?-Rating? Soar Minden Block Time FS SAVE SOME MONEY! [email protected] Soaring 1 January 27th 06 07:16 PM
GA Access to DCA john smith Piloting 0 August 20th 05 10:25 PM
ng access Stu & Kathy Fields Home Built 4 April 1st 04 06:09 PM