F-16 Encounters in MOA

Old July 12th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Default F-16 Encounters in MOA

Viperdoc wrote:

The pilot may well have made a bad decision- however, it is highly
unlikely that they were flying in formation with the civilian plane.
As far as I know, both pilots have an equal responsibility for see
and avoid.

Do you think the F-16 pilot met that responsibility?

Old July 12th 08, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

In article ,
Bob Fry wrote:

A good Tory you would have been in 1776.
I would have been the first to complain. Patriots don't shut up and
they don't worship the military or any other damn thing.

It's not worship, it's respect.
Perhaps I should have written, "Fly the airplane, enjoy the show, and
shut up."
Old July 12th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Viperdoc wrote:

Do you think the F-16 pilot met that responsibility?

I don't know, wasn't there, never saw the HUD tape or radar track.
Since no harm or damage occurred, I doubt anything punitive happened
to the F-16 pilot as well. Did the FSDO do an investigation? I doubt
it.
In the absence of any confirmatory evidence I can't imagine that
there would be much of a case, regardless.

If the flight did do an intercept on a civilian plane that was
appropriately in the MOA, perhaps even as practice, then maybe they
made an error in judgement, but that's all.

Are F-16 pilots not expected to use sound judgment?

Old July 12th 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jul 12, 12:42*pm, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:
Viperdoc wrote:

Do you think the F-16 pilot met that responsibility?

I don't know, wasn't there, never saw the HUD tape or radar track.
Since no harm or damage occurred, I doubt anything punitive happened
to the F-16 pilot as well. Did the FSDO do an investigation? I doubt
it.
In the absence of any confirmatory evidence I can't imagine that
there would be much of a case, regardless.

If the flight did do an intercept on a civilian plane that was
appropriately in the MOA, perhaps even as practice, then maybe they
made an error in judgement, but that's all.

Are F-16 pilots not expected to use sound judgment?

Not just sound judgment, it goes somewhat faster than that.
Old July 12th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 08:38:15 -0400, John Smith wrote:

Let's all remember that the first guy that got bounced kept his mouth
shut until the second one, a lawyer, complained and said that he wanted
to file a complaint.

If I remember the tape correctly, the one that wanted to file a complaint
said he was forced to violate airspace. The complaint would be a pretty
good tool to help him cover his ass.

--
Dallas
Old July 12th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jul 12, 5:38*am, John Smith wrote:
Let's all remember that the first guy that got bounced kept his mouth
shut until the second one, a lawyer, complained and said that he wanted
to file a complaint. Only then did the first pilot meekly chimed in that
he would also like to file a complaint.

Are you suggesting the 2nd pilot knew the other guy was a lawyer. Did
you hear him anounce such on the recording? You can bet that if an
F-16 put my life and the lives of my kids in the back in danger I
would be on the phone with my congressman's office before I left the
airport. There are risks that military pilots necessarily take as part
of their missions. Civilian pilots do not sign up for that level of
risks.

-Robert
Old July 12th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jul 12, 11:13*am, Dallas wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 08:38:15 -0400, John Smith wrote:
Let's all remember that the first guy that got bounced kept his mouth
shut until the second one, a lawyer, complained and said that he wanted
to file a complaint.

If I remember the tape correctly, the one that wanted to file a complaint
said he was forced to violate airspace. *The complaint would be a pretty
good tool to help him cover his ass.

No, the other way around. He announced that he was going to violate
airspace several times before he actually did. He made ATC we aware of
his situation before he entered class A. The argument that he filed
the complaint after discovering his violated airspace is insulting to
reason and totally contrary to the recording.

-Robert
Old July 12th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On Jul 13, 6:13*am, Dallas wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 08:38:15 -0400, John Smith wrote:
Let's all remember that the first guy that got bounced kept his mouth
shut until the second one, a lawyer, complained and said that he wanted
to file a complaint.

If I remember the tape correctly, the one that wanted to file a complaint
said he was forced to violate airspace. *The complaint would be a pretty
good tool to help him cover his ass.

He had to on a TCAS advisory -did you listen to the tape?

Cheers
Old July 13th 08, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Dallas wrote:

If I remember the tape correctly, the one that wanted to file a
complaint said he was forced to violate airspace. The complaint
would be a pretty good tool to help him cover his ass.

Forced to violate a MOA? Just how is that done?