Looking for pictures of motorglider failures

Old December 12th 19, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Looking for pictures of motorglider failures

Tests have shown that the air flow through the cowling of an airplane is
much slower than the dispersion velocity of this product.Â* I don't have
data for the Stemme, but I'd imagine it's similar.

You can't close the vents in a Stemme while the engine is running
without incurring a bill in excess of $35-40 thousand dollars.

The Stemme has a fire warning system which alarms before these tubes
release their suppressant thereby allowing the pilot to close the fuel
valve and shut down the engine.

The cost of this system is less than that of an iPhone.

I doubt this system would work in a glider with an open engine bay.

On 12/11/2019 3:38 PM, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 3:16:32 PM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
Several of the Stemme owners are looking at this product:
https://proteng.com/pictures/

That looks like a good solution for a closed space, but will it have a meaningful effect in an area with air forced through at high volume? Would you have a separate warning so you'd know to close the Stemme vents? Probably wouldn't work in an MG with an open engine bay (doors that don't close)?

--
Dan, 5J
Old December 12th 19, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 12/8/19 9:59 AM, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 11:46:36 AM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:
No one has mentioned jets? They can be unreliable to get started, and
there's been uncontained blade failures. Even had the engine depart the
A/C.

Interesting, I've heard of numerous failures to start and failure to climb,
but not uncontained blade failures or engine departing AC...

Page 23 on

http://www.doc.glidingaustralia.org/...ies&Itemid=101

this is probably the same incident I remembered, but that version had
the farmer making two trips to deliver spare parts.
Old December 12th 19, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

Dave said:
Please email to me offline.

And what is your email?
Old December 12th 19, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 9:07:15 PM UTC-5, kinsell wrote:
http://www.doc.glidingaustralia.org/...ies&Itemid=101

For those who haven't seen these consolidated incident summaries, GFA does an really excellent job. I always read the summaries in S&G, but hadn't seen these befo
http://www.doc.glidingaustralia.org/...ence-summaries

302 security failures T8 Soaring 17 April 8th 10 03:33 AM
MH EDS failures Philip Plane Soaring 6 December 16th 05 12:37 AM
Colibri failures? [email protected] Soaring 3 April 15th 05 12:30 AM
Colibri Failures. Stan Kochanowski Soaring 2 April 6th 05 01:00 PM
Colibri Failures. Stan Kochanowski Soaring 1 April 6th 05 12:24 PM