How to decrypt yEnc?

Old April 15th 07, 09:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steffensen

Default How to decrypt yEnc?

yEmc seems to be some sort of crypto - how do U see it?

Old April 15th 07, 09:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Terry M[_3_]

If you are using OE, just save the message in a file. Then go online and
get the free program called NewzToolz. After you have decoded it using the
program, just change the extension to whatever it should be - jpg, pdf, chm
or whatever the file says it is. When you are ready to learn a bit more of
the advanced ways of doing it, there are other programs you can use.

"Steffensen" wrote in message
k...
yEmc seems to be some sort of crypto - how do U see it?

Old April 15th 07, 09:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
The Good Poster[_2_]

"Steffensen" wrote in message
k...
yEmc seems to be some sort of crypto - how do U see it?

Here's another one you might try - very simple to install and use.
http://www.mutexed.com/code/OeyEnc/

Joe
TGP

Old April 15th 07, 10:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Terry M[_3_]

Thanks - I'm gonna try this one also. Been doing it the old way for a long
time - might be time for a change.

Old April 15th 07, 10:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"Steffensen" wrote in message
k...
yEmc seems to be some sort of crypto - how do U see it?

In this newsgroup we don't decode yEnc. Too bad, the yEnc post looks
interesting, maybe someone will repost it non-yEnc.

Old April 15th 07, 10:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Luke

"Steffensen" wrote in message
k...
yEmc seems to be some sort of crypto - how do U see it?

For OE, use an inlone decoder such as yProxy from Brawnylads.

...or we could just shoot the people that post in yEnc... Either one
works...

Luke

Old April 15th 07, 10:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
comcast newsgroups

If you are using Outlook Express, download a free progremme called Fidolook,
which has an option to decode yEnc files.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

Old April 16th 07, 01:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
J.F.

I use "yproxy". It will cost $17 and it is well worth it. I used to hate
it when someone posted in yenc.

Old April 16th 07, 02:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
AWem

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:09:44 GMT, "J.F."
wrote:

I use "yproxy". It will cost $17 and it is well worth it. I used to hate
it when someone posted in yenc.

"Steffensen" wrote in message
. dk...
yEmc seems to be some sort of crypto - how do U see it?

This is sure to be unpopular, but I've seeing "no Yenc" comments -
rules, sometimes - on newsgroups for at least 10 years or so. That was
chiefly because people didn't want to pay up for it (or even, to pay
at all).

But the Yenc compression has very real advantages in terms of enhanced
resolution but with reduced file size; for newsgroup users who
download binaries, in fact, it's a real service.

10 years on and the world has gone from Windows Diddly Squat to Vista.
I think we should embrace the future. In my case, I paid something
minimal for a proper version of Agent (www.forteinc.com) and have
never given it a second thought in all the years since.

It's even more encouraging to see that there are free Yenc decoders
available now.

Andy
Old April 16th 07, 02:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
J.F.

There are free encoders. I bought yproxy because it had some features i
liked. You are right about the enhanced resolution. Large files opened
easily. I would like to add that I am not an advocate for yenc. Have a
great day!

wrote:

I use "yproxy". It will cost $17 and it is well worth it. I used to hate
it when someone posted in yenc.

.dk...