Twenty years!

Old February 15th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Twenty years!

I don't know the details of this flight, but here in NZ we seem to be
having huge numbers of problems with gliders being denied access to
airspace.
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

Harris was denied access to the airspace also. He went ahead and flew
anyhow. He had his pilot certificate suspended.

Isn't it nice to know that the world record is an illegal flight.
Any flight that breaks his record may also have to be an illegal flight.
Or the honest pilot will have to stay on the ground.
Great sport record flying.

Duane

Old February 15th 06, 08:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

In article , Bruce Hoult wrote:

I don't know the details of this flight, but here in NZ we seem to be
having huge numbers of problems with gliders being denied access to
airspace. Even Terry Delore and Steve Fossett have problems with this
-- see Terry's book. It doesn't seem to matter that the glider may be
on a world record attempt, or that the pilot has thousands of hours
experience, or that a C152 with someone on thir first cross-country
would be allowed into that airspace, or that the conflicting traffic is
one flight due to arrive in an hour's time -- or even no traffic at all.

Well, I know there are _some_ problems, but surely it's not all that bad.

And then there's all that uncontrolled airspace. e.g. there's a chunk of
airspace around the Mt Cook area north of Omarama that's marked on my chart
'No Controlled Airspace', although I'm pretty sure that over FL600 the rules
change.

--
Philip Plane _____

Glider pilots have no visible means of support
Old February 17th 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

This is the day, the 20th anniversary. Congrats, Bob!