Alton Bay (NH) Ice Port Flyin

Old January 27th 04, 12:48 AM
Jonathan

Default Alton Bay (NH) Ice Port Flyin

Ever landed on a frozen lake? It's quite fun!

Every year, Alton bay, NH Plows the snow off Lake Winnepesaukee to make a
runway at it's seaport base (B18), which is tens of inches thick this time
of year.

The Aviation assoc. of NH sponsors a fly in event, to make the trip up to
the ice even more fun. This year the event will be on 2/15. (I've 'landed
on the ice' every year since I got my ticket in 2000)

Last year, one pilot video'd his flight and landing at the ap.
http://www.murphymotorsports.com/altonbay.wmv

For more info on the event, updates, etc. go to www.aanh.org

-Jonathan
(ps. i'm not really affiliated with this group. But they do a good job, and
it is a fun event, so I thought I'd give it a plug)

Annual Pinckneyville Flyin Gathering Del Rawlins Home Built 16 March 9th 04 08:44 AM
D'Amato's Role Investigated in La Guardia Airport Deal Roy Smith General Aviation 0 December 25th 03 05:47 AM
Why a static port? Paul Mennen Owning 11 August 19th 03 04:58 AM
Is a static port a precision thing? Larry Smith Home Built 8 August 12th 03 10:26 PM
Canard static port location Paul Lee Home Built 1 July 12th 03 02:55 AM