A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Aircraft Maintenance License for gliders?

Old October 27th 13, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hans NL
external usenet poster

Default Aircraft Maintenance License for gliders?

Hi all,

I have an official government AML-A license which allows me to do limited maintenance and airworthiness inspections to gliders (only) in the Netherlands.

My license needs to be extended but I also have plans to move to California in the near future for several years. In order to extend it in the future I need to keep my skills up to par for both the inspections as well as maintenance.

How is the glider maintenance in the US organized for non-experimental gliders? What role could i take in it?

thanks
Old October 27th 13, 10:36 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans NL View Post
Hi all,

I have an official government AML-A license which allows me to do limited maintenance and airworthiness inspections to gliders (only) in the Netherlands.

My license needs to be extended but I also have plans to move to California in the near future for several years. In order to extend it in the future I need to keep my skills up to par for both the inspections as well as maintenance.

How is the glider maintenance in the US organized for non-experimental gliders? What role could i take in it?

thanks
For non-experimental category gliders you will need an Airframe mechanic certificate to perform/sign off on minor repairs and minor alterations, and an additional Inspection Authorization to perform/sign off on major repairs, major alterations, and perform annual inspections.