Blakesburg Fly-in

Old August 26th 03, 01:35 AM
rfifer

Default Blakesburg Fly-in

Can someone please say if the Blakesburg, Iowa Airshow
is open to the public? I had heard at one time that it
was closed because of an accident, but would like to
attend this year if I can. Thank you for a response.
Old August 26th 03, 02:43 PM
Kris Kortokrax

The following is from the Antique Airplane Association website. It isn't an
airshow, it is a fly-in for people who fly, own or love antique airplanes.

Kris Kortokrax

http://www.aaa-apm.org/

"This is a CLOSED event. It is for members of the Antique Airplane
Association their affiliated type clubs and guests only! If you plan to
attend and are not already a member you will be required to join the Antique
Airplane Association or be a guest of an AAA member. You will also be
expected to pay the appropriate registration fees. Membership in the EAA,
AOPA, NBAA other organizations, or an airman's certificate, will NOT qualify
for admittance to this fly-in.

This fly-in is held on private property on a privately owned airport which
receives NO Federal, State nor Local moneys. Therefore, while we welcome
anyone to join the AAA we can not handle the general flying public at this
event due to space and liability concerns."

m...