SZD-48-2 Jantar main tyre

Old October 16th 11, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AT

Default SZD-48-2 Jantar main tyre

Can anyone please tell me the original tyre designation for a Jantar Std
2 (SZD-48-2). I don't have ready access to the manuals at the moment.

I think it was 350x135 like the original Blanik one.

I know most of them have been replaced with 5.00x5 tyres and that they
usually rub on the undercarriage legs.

Regards,
John Orton
Old October 16th 11, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Ashwell

At 13:03 16 October 2011, at wrote:
Can anyone please tell me the original tyre designation for a Jantar Std
2 (SZD-48-2). I don't have ready access to the manuals at the moment.

I think it was 350x135 like the original Blanik one.

I know most of them have been replaced with 5.00x5 tyres and that they
usually rub on the undercarriage legs.

Regards,
John Orton

A 350x135 is what is quoted in a copy of the original manual.
Check out Tim Mara's shop on www.wingsandwheels.com,
if you are based in the USA.

Regards,

Martin

Old October 17th 11, 01:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob 7U

I tried using the cheaper 5.00x5 tire but had to send it back as it
would not fit my 350x135 tire size hub on the SZD55.

Buy the right tire in the first place and save on return shipping and
re-stocking fees.......... not to mention a lot of industrial type
language trying to fit something that was just not meant to be!

Bob 7U

Old October 17th 11, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

It is the 350x135, originally Barum, now Mitas makes this size
I also have an alternative 350x135 tire and somewhat lower cost
please see my website page http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page33.htm for
descriptions
all of these are of course in stock if you'd like to order one
best regards
Tim Mara
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"at" "johnorto(at)gmail.com" wrote in message
Can anyone please tell me the original tyre designation for a Jantar Std 2
(SZD-48-2). I don't have ready access to the manuals at the moment.

I think it was 350x135 like the original Blanik one.

I know most of them have been replaced with 5.00x5 tyres and that they
usually rub on the undercarriage legs.

Regards,
John Orton

signature database 6551 (20111017) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6551 (20111017) __________

http://www.eset.com

LAK-12 or a Jantar, and which model Jantar? rich Soaring 11 July 18th 05 10:54 PM
Jantar Std. 3 [email protected] Soaring 2 March 31st 05 10:50 PM
FS/Jantar 2a One9er Soaring 0 September 28th 04 03:01 AM
Jantar VNE Craig Storey Soaring 2 December 9th 03 12:33 AM
F.S. Jantar 2A $10K Mark Grubb Soaring 1 October 29th 03 08:12 PM