Why didn't Bush fight?

Old September 1st 04, 03:17 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ed Majden" wrote in message

Get off of Art's back.

Nobody is on Art's back.

He has definitely earned the right to his opinions as a WWII active
duty vet.

Everyone has a right to his opinion, it does not have to be earned.

How many of you did the same??????
WWII is a long time ago and all these stories will soon be missed and
lost.

Art has said things that are demonstrably untrue, his stories are thus
unreliable.

Old September 1st 04, 03:27 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Ed Majden" wrote in message
in article et, Steven

P.
McNicoll at wrote on 8/30/04 13:31:

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message

I added Art to the wastebin a couple of months ago. He has a lot to

offer
the group as an ex-WWII aircrew, but his signal to noise ratio is way
outta
whack.

Even his stuff about WWII B-26 ops is of little value as his memory is

now
so poor he can't separate fact from fantasy.

Get off of Art's back. He has definitely earned the right to his
opinions as a WWII active duty vet.

He has not earned the right to putting out false "facts", however. Nor, IMO,
has he "earned" any right to defame the efforts of the millions of other
vets who served during WWII, and afterwards, who performed duties other than
those exact ones that he supposedly performed.

How many of you did the same??????

A lot of us have served; most of us were not even born when WWII was fought.
Most of us hold WWII vets in high regard--but that does not mean that every
WWII vet gets a "free ride" in terms of being allowed to lie, distort, libel
other veterans, etc. All of which Art has been proven to do.

WWII is a long time ago and all these stories will soon be missed and

lost.

Only the true ones. But stories like, "We NEVER missed our target" (yeah,
right--unfortunately, the available records of the day don't bear that one
out), "The Guard was sitting at home when I went off to win the war" (nope
again--the Guard had been mobilized in its entirety some three years or so
before Art graduated from freakin' high school), "I was in the trenches
during the Ardennes...er, no, I was at 10,000 feet above those battles...",
etc., serve no purpose other than to perpetrate further historical
inaccuracy.

Ed

retired RCAF/CAF with 1 Air Div Europe & NORAD fighter bases.

But in Art's book, you did not do squat; he has gone on record as indicating
that the Cold War vets are mere dirt suitable only to be scraped from his
shoes.

Brooks

Old September 1st 04, 07:48 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

How would you know

Because I've demonstrated them to be untrue.

Old September 1st 04, 07:58 PM
OXMORON1

Art bellowed:
How would you know wannabee?

Art don't you know any other words to use? For a college student your
vocabulary is limited lately.
According to you everyone not an aircrew member in the 344BG, 494BS in the ETO
during WWII is a "wannabee" (with the possible favorable comments that you have
given to airborne troopers).
How about the 20th Maine at Gettysburg? No wait we can't mention them, they
were Militia, aka National Guard, therfore useless according to your comments.
How about the 45th Division in Italy or Korea? No wait again, useless National
Guard!
We know your feelings about groundcrew members and in the past week you have
called Bufdrvr an "Asshole" and told other people to go screw themselves. Not
appropriate behavior for an officer, but wait you never got higher than Flight
Officer, aka Warrant Officer, therefore you don't have to follow any rules of
decency.
Go the hell back to school!

Rick Clark

Old September 1st 04, 08:00 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ed Majden" wrote in message

I guess you then must disagree with 50% of your own countrymen. Some
think President Bush stole the election so this number may in fact be more
than 50%.

Actually, few think Bush stole the election, and nobody that understands how
the president is elected thinks so.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
George W. Bush Abortion Scandal that should have been Psalm 110 Military Aviation 0 August 12th 04 09:40 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM