Night Vision

Old January 7th 04, 07:32 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Ron Natalie wrote:

Doesn't do anything for your night vision, but when you blast the
other plane on the taxiway with your light it destroys his!

But you can do a much better job of this with your strobe lights!

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old January 8th 04, 04:17 AM
Teacherjh

Consider a flight in
night IMC. Why would there be any
desire to keep the night vision good?
There's nothing to see outside anyway

Until you break out unexpectedly. There's aluminum out there and it's not
separated from you once you are out of the soup. Without good night vision you
might not even notice you're now in 5 miles in haze over a layer.

Jose

Old January 8th 04, 11:04 AM
Thomas Borchert

Teacherjh,

Thanks, that's what I said, too: You'll still need to visually scan for
traffic if it's anywhere near marginal VMC. And that's often the case.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)