piloting humor

Old January 7th 04, 10:16 PM
R. Hubbell

Default piloting humor

Two moose hunters from Eleutris are flown into a remote area in Alaska. They
have a good hunt, and each bags a large moose.

When a plane comes to pick them up, the pilot looks at the animals, laughs
and says, "This plane won't lift all of us, the equipment, and both of those
animals. You'll have to leave one. We'll never make it over those trees."

"That's baloney!" says one of the hunters.

"Yeah." the other agrees. "You're just chicken. We came here last year and got
out with two moose, that pilot had some guts! He wasn't afraid to take off!"

"Yeah," said the first hunter, "and his plane wasn't any bigger than yours!"

The pilot got angry, and said, "Well hell, if he did it, then I can do it!
I can fly as well as anybody!"

They loaded up, throttle full-forward, and the plane almost made it, but
didn't have the lift to clear the trees at the end of the lake. It clipped
the tops, then flipped, then broke up, scattering the baggage, carcasses, and
pax all through the trees and brush.

Hurt and dazed, the pilot sat up, shook his head, and said, "Where are we?"

One of the hunters rolled out from a bush, looked around, and said, "I'd say...
About a hundred yards farther than last year...."

CPO humor JD Naval Aviation 3 December 13th 04 02:50 AM
OT - humor (G-rated) Rich S. Home Built 6 September 30th 04 04:40 PM
A little pre-election humor Tonka Dude Military Aviation 0 May 5th 04 05:14 PM
sport pilot humor Occom Home Built 0 April 9th 04 04:22 PM
Off Topic - It's About Piloting Dennis O'Connor Piloting 2 August 19th 03 04:47 PM