An L-4 - L4-a.jpg

Old February 7th 07, 05:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
digitog

Default An L-4 - L4-a.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	L4-a.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	6478
Old February 7th 07, 11:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan[_1_]

"digitog" -@- wrote in message

Nice series of an L-4.
Thank You!
Alan

Old February 7th 07, 11:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan[_1_]

"digitog" -@- wrote in message

Nice series of an L-4.
Thank You!
Alan

Old February 7th 07, 01:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Richard Oh!

digitog wrote:

Thanks for that series. I'm trying to identify a similar aircraft that I
photographed some years ago. It's very similar to the L-4, although
there are differences to the engine and the cockpit area - that apart
they are clearly related.

Incidentally, the very small yellow writing on the engine cowling says:
"Douglas Bader Wing" underneath which is the badge and initials CAF of
the Confederate (now Commemorative) Air Force. I can't trace the
aircraft on their website, however, nor does there seem to be any
mention of a "Douglas Bader Wing".

Any assistance would be appreciated.
--
Moving things in still pictures!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	USMC Spotter A.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	6511
Old February 7th 07, 01:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Richard Oh!

digitog wrote:

Thanks for that series. I'm trying to identify a similar aircraft that I
photographed some years ago. It's very similar to the L-4, although
there are differences to the engine and the cockpit area - that apart
they are clearly related.

Incidentally, the very small yellow writing on the engine cowling says:
"Douglas Bader Wing" underneath which is the badge and initials CAF of
the Confederate (now Commemorative) Air Force. I can't trace the
aircraft on their website, however, nor does there seem to be any
mention of a "Douglas Bader Wing".

Any assistance would be appreciated.
--
Moving things in still pictures!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	USMC Spotter A.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	6512
Old February 7th 07, 01:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

"Richard Oh!" wrote in message
.uk...
digitog wrote:

Thanks for that series. I'm trying to identify a similar aircraft that I
photographed some years ago. It's very similar to the L-4, although
there are differences to the engine and the cockpit area - that apart
they are clearly related.

Incidentally, the very small yellow writing on the engine cowling says:
"Douglas Bader Wing" underneath which is the badge and initials CAF of
the Confederate (now Commemorative) Air Force. I can't trace the
aircraft on their website, however, nor does there seem to be any
mention of a "Douglas Bader Wing".

Any assistance would be appreciated.
--
Moving things in still pictures!

Hi

A Google search for "115302 aircraft" brings up UKWarbirds.net as a
possibility which has a L18C Super Cub (PA18-95) registration 115302/G-BJTP,
the owner is given as John Parkins and the location as Pershore
Worcestershire England.

There is also a photo or four on Airliners.net which give a construction
number of 18-999 and one says it is 'Resplendent in a US Marines colour
scheme. Previously registered EI-51, I-EICO, MM51-15302 (Italian Army) and
51-15302(US Military Series)' and another says fake US Marines markings.

Hope this helps and doesn't just restate what you already know.

--
Andrew

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
(Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.)

Old February 7th 07, 03:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Richard Oh!

Andrew B wrote:
"Richard Oh!" wrote in message
.uk...
digitog wrote:

[...]

Thanks very much. Ah, if only I'd had the sense to Google in that
number, instead of faffing about looking at Pipers, Taylorcrafts,
Aeroncas and Stinsons.

Sir, I'm in your debt.

Richard
--
Moving things in still pictures!

Old February 7th 07, 08:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew B

"Richard Oh!" wrote in message
o.uk...

Andrew,

Thanks very much. Ah, if only I'd had the sense to Google in that number,
instead of faffing about looking at Pipers, Taylorcrafts, Aeroncas and
Stinsons.

Sir, I'm in your debt.

Richard
--
Moving things in still pictures!

Richard,

I only found that registration or similar searches work by accident, I was
trying to discover the aircraft behind a tail code and in exasperation gave
it a try and I was pleasantly suprised when the results included what I was
looking for.

I have also found that http://homepage.ntlworld.com/airnet/ is a great start
for information.

Glad to have been able to help.