white lightning

Old July 6th 03, 12:33 PM
mansour

Default white lightning

I am interested in the "White lightning Wlac-1" and I would wish to
obtain all technical information relating to it. For examples:
airfoils used (wing, empennage etc....
I would be also purchaser of certain parts of the Kit or plans.
This plane it was built in Europe?.
Thank you to answer as detailed as French, English or Italian
possible.

Old July 7th 03, 07:45 PM
Fitzair4

We named it Nick's White Lead Airplane. We built up 3 fuselages and many parts
back in the 1980's for Nick. It was just over built. He had 4 or more companies
built
up the kits. The last I was told a couple years ago, the molds were
destroyed and taken to a dump.

Larry
Old July 7th 03, 10:02 PM
wmbjk

"Fitzair4" wrote in message

We named it Nick's White Lead Airplane. We built up 3 fuselages and

many parts
back in the 1980's for Nick. It was just over built.

The canopies in particular needed to be extra heavy so they'd stay shut
without latches. ;-)

Wayne

Old July 8th 03, 02:29 AM
RobertR237

In article , "wmbjk" writes:

We named it Nick's White Lead Airplane. We built up 3 fuselages and

many parts
back in the 1980's for Nick. It was just over built.

The canopies in particular needed to be extra heavy so they'd stay shut
without latches. ;-)

Wayne

I saw one at the Kerrville flyin a few years back. Slick looking airplane that
you wear. The interior was very tight and the rear seat passengers needed to
be slight and had to face the rear. Looked like sex and speed in one tight
little package.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old July 8th 03, 06:09 AM
Barnyard BOb --

We named it Nick's White Lead Airplane. We built up 3 fuselages and

many parts
back in the 1980's for Nick. It was just over built.

The canopies in particular needed to be extra heavy so they'd stay shut
without latches. ;-)

Wayne

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nice quip, but.....
Will Latchless Larry see the humor?

Barnyard BOb - don't fown, snile.
Old July 8th 03, 05:21 PM
Jay

Noticed White Lightning used the same back to back seating I've been
playing with for my concept design:

http://inline_twin.tripod.com/concept.html

Seemed like the only reasonable way to handle the CG for a wing with a
relatively high aspect.
Old July 8th 03, 08:28 PM
Larry Smith

"RobertR237" wrote in message
In article , "wmbjk"

writes:

We named it Nick's White Lead Airplane. We built up 3 fuselages and

many parts
back in the 1980's for Nick. It was just over built.

The canopies in particular needed to be extra heavy so they'd stay shut
without latches. ;-)

Wayne

I saw one at the Kerrville flyin a few years back. Slick looking airplane

that
you wear. The interior was very tight and the rear seat passengers needed

be slight and had to face the rear. Looked like sex and speed in one

tight
little package.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

I'm 6'1" and 225 and never felt cramped in a Lightning, front or rear, 4
passengers or 2. Matter of fact, if you are in the rear seat your foot
room is a great luxury.

Old July 8th 03, 08:34 PM
Larry Smith

"Barnyard BOob --" brayed in message

Same ol' stuff from same ol' wind instrument.

Hey, Methuselah, the latches on my 1940's puddlejumper are more functional
than the body-fluid- patinaed baling wire holding the grimy plexy on your
ratplane.

Old July 8th 03, 11:15 PM
RobertR237

In article , "Larry Smith"
writes:

I'm 6'1" and 225 and never felt cramped in a Lightning, front or rear, 4
passengers or 2. Matter of fact, if you are in the rear seat your foot
room is a great luxury.

Yep, foot room was a great luxury but head and shoulder room makes for some
good friends. ;-)