Pawnee TOST Hook Installation FAA Paperwork

Old October 31st 19, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pawnee TOST Hook Installation FAA Paperwork

We recently purchased a Pawnee that was a sprayer. In the process of changing the airworthiness certificate from Restricted Aerial Spraying to Restricted Towing. The DAR is looking for either an STC or 337 Field Approval paperwork for the TOST hook. The EASA Form 1 paperwork will not suffice. Does anyone have this paperwork? Please contact me ASAP.

Tim Hanke

518-365-7726 phone/ text

e-mail: tim AT adirondacksoaring.com
Old November 1st 19, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 12:03:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
We recently purchased a Pawnee that was a sprayer. In the process of changing the airworthiness certificate from Restricted Aerial Spraying to Restricted Towing. The DAR is looking for either an STC or 337 Field Approval paperwork for the TOST hook. The EASA Form 1 paperwork will not suffice. Does anyone have this paperwork? Please contact me ASAP.

Tim Hanke

518-365-7726 phone/ text

e-mail: tim AT adirondacksoaring.com

There is NO STC! easy to get certified, 43-13-2A-B page 73-75,tells how to do it and get your mechanic to do a 337 and you are done with it. Bob
Old November 1st 19, 05:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 5:03:00 PM UTC-6, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 12:03:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
We recently purchased a Pawnee that was a sprayer. In the process of changing the airworthiness certificate from Restricted Aerial Spraying to Restricted Towing. The DAR is looking for either an STC or 337 Field Approval paperwork for the TOST hook. The EASA Form 1 paperwork will not suffice. Does anyone have this paperwork? Please contact me ASAP.

Tim Hanke

518-365-7726 phone/ text

e-mail: tim AT adirondacksoaring.com

There is NO STC! easy to get certified, 43-13-2A-B page 73-75,tells how to do it and get your mechanic to do a 337 and you are done with it. Bob

One restricted category Pawnee 260 TOST 337 done here in Colorado was not approved by the Denver FAA Flight Standards Inspector. The tow plane was ferried to Wichita for approval. That may have been just before AC 43-13-2B was published. Presumably Albany will be accommodating.

Frank

Old November 8th 19, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

Out of curiosity why didn’t you move the Pawnee to a standard airworthiness certificate?
Old November 8th 19, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

What's wrong with staying restricted?
Old November 8th 19, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Moving to standard not necessary and something of a hassle
Old November 9th 19, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

It’s restricted?
Old November 9th 19, 10:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Friday, November 8, 2019 at 10:07:02 AM UTC-5, Charles Longley wrote:
Out of curiosity why didn’t you move the Pawnee to a standard airworthiness certificate?

Keep the RESTRICTED category!!
Old November 9th 19, 02:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

I guess the only real advantage of having a standard airworthiness certificate is you could do what you want with the airplane when you’re not towing. Take a restricted Pawnee into Johnson Creek and hang out with the Super Cub guys. FAA might take a dim view.