"Power corrupts............"

Old October 9th 04, 02:03 AM
Leon McAtee

Default "Power corrupts............"

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/regtsa.html
==============
Leon McAtee
70 some years ago in a small Republic about 4000 miles East of D.C.............
Old October 9th 04, 10:25 AM
ower

"Leon McAtee" skrev i meddelandet
om...
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/regtsa.html
==============
Leon McAtee
70 some years ago in a small Republic about 4000 miles East of

D.C.............

USA The land of freedom???

Old October 9th 04, 01:39 PM
Blueskies

"ower" wrote in message ...

"Leon McAtee" skrev i meddelandet
om...
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/regtsa.html
==============
Leon McAtee
70 some years ago in a small Republic about 4000 miles East of

D.C.............

USA The land of freedom???

I hope everyone in this group put negative comments up...

Old October 9th 04, 05:44 PM
JohnT.

OK, sure...give up a little liberty. then a little more. More?
OK...pretty soon, All your liberty is GONE. Are you still secure?
Probably not.

Feel free to give up YOUR liberty just so you can feel secure. Just
don't force others to give up THEIR freedom for you, which is what you
are advocating.

John

Old October 9th 04, 05:54 PM
Rich S.

"Richard Riley" wrote in message

I know the Franklin quote. He's wrong. Anyone who isn't willing to
give up a little bit of their freedom to save the lives of their
children, neighbors and friends is a selfish *******.

Frog + water + slow simmer.

Rich S.

Old October 9th 04, 07:39 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

Richard Riley wrote:

(C-182 stuffed with explosives + joint session of congress) * suicidal
islamist = no general aviation ever again.

And a Volkswagen stuffed with explosives parked at a McDonalds
equals no more safe drive thrus.

And a pickup stuffed with explosives parked in a mall parking lot
equals no more safe dollar days at Wal Mart.

And a backpack stuffed with explosives left by old faithfull
equals no more safe camping at a national park.

And a hollowed out book stuffed with explosives and nails
equals no more safe trips to the library.

And a semi filled with explosives
equals no more safe hiways.

And a bicycle filled with explosives
equals no more safe city nature trails.

And a 14 foot boat filled with explosives
equals no more safe public beaches.

Why commit suicide when the above examples will allow a terrorist to
walk away and live to bomb again.

Sure you can go splashy but they have already done that now havn't they.

Bomb your Congress and every American will get mad.

But if they start car bombing the parking lots of McDonalds then every
American will get scared........ Including all those millions of Wall
street type investors who will watch their stock of McDonalds start to
circle that famous toilet bowl.

Yes yes yes.... your government could kill general aviation deader than
a doornail..... and make flying commercial excrutiatingly aggravating,
but your government can't check every car, truck, bike, skidoo, seadoo,
and backpack or hollowed out book in the country now can they.

Why be stupid and get you Americans mad when they can be insidious and
scare the crap out of you from coast to coast and from the Canadian to
Mexican border. There is an awful lot of highways between those four
points on the compass, a lot of malls, and oodles of McDonalds to
choose from.

Why make life difficult and attack one of the most highly guarded
buildings in the world when the pickings are so much easier just
a few miles down the road.
Old October 9th 04, 08:45 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

Richard Riley wrote:

it won't mean the end of GA.

Well an interesting question would be....

What would the financial impact be, not only in the US but in most
other countries of the World if GA was stopped cold in the US.

Airplane manufactures..... how many in US how many worldwide.

How many employess would it affect in just the US.

Unemployed people don't pay taxes, neither do closed manufacturing
facilities.

Then there is the spin off manufacturing companies, Teledyne, King
avionics.... well you get the picture.

Those airports.... Oh what would they do with all those empty airports.

Empty of people that is.

And the list goes on and on and on.

From the lady frying up $100 hamburgers, to the mechanic on the line.

And all those fuel sales that won't get made.

Local, State, and Federal taxes.

What would the financial impact be if General Aviation were stopped
cold in it's tracts.
Old October 9th 04, 10:17 PM
Dave Hyde

Richard Riley wrote...

If a small plane kill ONE politician...

....he can still be elected governor of Missouri.

Dave 'still not with Mel' Hyde

Old October 9th 04, 10:22 PM
Dave Hyde

Richard Riley wrote...

If I have to bring my passport to my BFR, fine. It's not a
significant burdeon.

You've sorta glossed over the huge burden it places
on flight instructors and flight schools, for what
amounts to little if any additional security.

But hey, it *looks* like someone is doing something.
And that's what's important in some circles.

Dave 'crush 'em with paperwork' Hyde

Old October 10th 04, 03:07 AM
Charlie England

Richard Riley wrote:
On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 09:54:42 -0700, "Rich S."
wrote:

:"Richard Riley" wrote in message
.. .
:
: I know the Franklin quote. He's wrong. Anyone who isn't willing to
: give up a little bit of their freedom to save the lives of their
: children, neighbors and friends is a selfish *******.
:
:Frog + water + slow simmer.
:
(C-182 stuffed with explosives + joint session of congress) * suicidal
islamist = no general aviation ever again.

^speculation^

Reality based on empirical evidence(Warning: Remedial Math follows):

Rental trucks stuffed with explosives*terrorists of various religious &
political persuasions across multiple administrations=hundreds of
deaths+$millions damage+no action whatsoever to limit access to rental
trucks

Airliners stuffed with incendiaries+big buildings*suicidal
islamist=almost instant return of airline flying-months of grounded
general aviation

Multiple intelligence sources+daily satellite data+daily
overflights+inspectors telling our government's star chamber that Iraq
had no nukes, no chemicals, no bioweapons+decimated Iraqi industrial
base after GulfWar I=the star chamber telling us and congress that Iraq
is a threat+invading the country+guarding the oil ministry building
while weapons caches are emptied by 'insurgents' who later are using
them to kill the soldiers who were ordered to guard the oil
ministry+allowing the heroin industry to restart in Afghanistan+breeding
thousands more terrorists by ordering the torture of non-combatant
prisoners+bleeding the treasury & my retirement dry with huge deficits &
tax cuts for billionaires

Tell me again why I should give up my rights & freedoms & trust my
government to protect me....