A simple Flight to ACY

Old September 12th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
John Godwin

Default A simple Flight to ACY

a wrote in

m:

I noticed you used the published check list. My own is
handwritten, with additions to it. For example, the landing
checklist has 'do minor clearing turns near airport' and 'check
gear down' is on it a half dozen times, including 'on short final,
check gear down, dammit!" (No, I never have landed with the gear
up, and don't intend to)

I wound up doing a checklist for our plane. The main thing was to
reorder a few items so you start from one side of the panel and move
to the other. I purchased some plain "Jepp size" paper so the
checklist and aircraft data would fit in my existing notebooks. With
the use of a word processor, it made it easy to read.

Old September 12th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On Sep 12, 1:02*pm, John Godwin wrote:

I wound up doing a checklist for our plane. *The main thing was to
reorder a few items so you start from one side of the panel and move
to the other. *I purchased some plain "Jepp size" paper so the
checklist and aircraft data would fit in my existing notebooks. *With
the use of a word processor, it made it easy to read.

Pretty much did the same as you did, except I bought me a laminator
and plastic spirals so I could reduce the "bulk" of yet another folder
or notebook.

Nice thing about lamination of paper is I can write on it with an
eraseable type of marker and jot notes down easily enough and when
done, erase it for the next time I need to make notes.
Old September 12th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
~^ beancounter ~^

really?...nice........

" ...1971 Cardinal RG actually "

On Sep 12, 11:26*am, "Kobra" wrote:
"~^ beancounter ~^" wrote in ...

nice production...great l@@kin 210.....

...1971 Cardinal RG actually.

Kobra

Old September 13th 08, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On Sep 12, 8:18*am, "Kobra" wrote:
Hello fellow flyers,

My apologies in advance if this is boring. *This is my very first attempt at
making a video of any kind. *Give it a look and all comments are welcome.

BTW, I already know I didn't hold the centerline on lift-off (embarrassed
look). * ALieb noticed that right away. *I had a slight distraction with the
camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwaWXc2vv6o

Kobra

Nice video,,, nice weather for flying,,, At least you are consistent
with staying on the left side of the runway during takeoffs and
landings, G How did ya mount the camera ? My first and only video
was done using the original take, then adding narration to fill in the
details. In hindsite I should have edited it to make it look
polished... Once again... Nice job

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com

Here's the link to my video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50730841&hl=en
Old September 13th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Kobra

Nice video,,, nice weather for flying,,, At least you are consistent
with staying on the left side of the runway during takeoffs and
landings, G How did ya mount the camera ? My first and only video
was done using the original take, then adding narration to fill in the
details. In hindsite I should have edited it to make it look
polished... Once again... Nice job

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com

Here's the link to my video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50730841&hl=en

Ben,

Nice video as well...to answer your question...the camera was mounted on a
tripod inside the plane lowered as low as possible, sitting on the passenger
seat and seatbelted down. I raised the camera until it was wedged between
the tripod and the ceiling. I also used a wide-angle lens for some shots.

Kobra
BTW...has anyone figured out by watching the video why I use the name Kobra?

Old September 13th 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gezellig

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 10:18:34 -0400, Kobra wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwaWXc2vv6o

Kobra

I didn't recognize anyone in the credits. Hold off public first run at
the theaters until you get star quality there

Old September 13th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gezellig

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 00:34:33 -0400, Kobra wrote:

BTW...has anyone figured out by watching the video why I use the name Kobra?

You work for Maidenform?

Old September 14th 08, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On Sep 12, 10:34*pm, "Kobra" wrote:
[...]

Maybe it's the Cobra Mustang ???? Ya know I do have a FORD in my
plane.... GGGG

A simple Flight to ACY Kobra Piloting 42 September 26th 08 11:29 PM
Simple Sledgehammer Fix Bret Ludwig Owning 0 October 15th 05 08:19 PM
GNS 430 simple question MJC Instrument Flight Rules 6 January 20th 05 04:31 PM
Want simple flight planning software marc Home Built 13 December 20th 04 05:36 AM
Want simple flight planning software marc Piloting 13 December 20th 04 05:36 AM