Marv Golden ANR?

Old April 16th 04, 01:50 PM
Sam Bradshaw

Default Marv Golden ANR?

Hi all,
I just recently got my Instrument rating (still waiting for
that shiny new plastic ID ), and was thinking about purchasing a
low-end ANR headset(sub-$300). I was thinking about either the Marv
Golden MG-ANR's or the DRE-6000's. I was looking through the
newsgroups, and couldn't really find an opinion of anyone who's
actually used the Marv Golden brand ANR's. Has anybody had the
opprotunity to try these out?
Thanks,
Sam Bradshaw
Old April 17th 04, 08:31 AM
Cockpit Colin

Sam, we fly because we love it - it costs us a bucket load of cash to rent
the planes - so why buy something (like a cheap headset) that has the
potential to cut into that enjoyment so much, and yet (considering the big
picture) save you so little?

A few years ago I bit the bullet and bought a Bose Aviation X, and never
looked back - in fact just the other day I bought my 2nd one (for
passengers - I'm working my way up to 4) - at $US 995 they're the most
expensive headset money can buy, and yet Bose can't make enough of them -
they're light - comfortable - less clamping force and sound/anr equal to any
other (if not better than most). For what it's worth I've now owned 2 David
Clark H10-13Xs (David Clarks top-of the-line ANR) and I had just too many
problems with the ANR side of things (one set went back 3 times before they
replaced it with a new set).

Look after it, and you'll be able to sell it in a year or two for more than
the new cost of many of the other brands.

eBay can be worth a look too.

In all fairness one of the Bose's developed a fault too - they replaced it
with an entirely new set

Just my 10c worth.

CC

Old April 17th 04, 07:16 PM
Pete

The Marv Golden's may be OK these days... but I had ordered a set about 5
years ago, and tried them only to find that they had problems with 'beating'
(a feedback problem I assume). I simply returned them to MG, and purchased a
set of lightspeed 15k's from them. I have been very satisfied with the LS's.
They did need the control/cord replaced once, but LS sent me a replacement
N/C.

Cheers,
Pete
Europa Builder A239