I am NOT superstitious

Old March 2nd 04, 01:37 AM
Ray Andraka

Jay, I'm with on on that. I put a KX155 in last year, taking out an MX11 and a
NAV11. The Nav in the KX155 is not anywhere near as sensitive as the Narco
Navs. I do like the digital flip-flop on the NAV, which is a new capability,
and the fact that I now have dual glide slopes (although the second one is
useless because of the location of the glideslope antenna which gets shadowed
by the nose).

Jay Honeck wrote:

None of it is Narco, obviously.

Actually, the audio panel, both VORs, both COMS, and the DME are ALL Narco.

I really don't know what everyone bitches about them for -- they've worked
well for me.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old March 2nd 04, 01:47 AM
Bob Fry

(Paul Tomblin) writes:

It's been nice knowing you. Obviously with all that stuff working, you're
going to be so busy admiring your panel that you're going to CFIT.

There is no T to CFI in Iowa.
Old March 2nd 04, 01:55 AM
Jay Honeck

Jay, I'm with on on that. I put a KX155 in last year, taking out an MX11
and a
NAV11. The Nav in the KX155 is not anywhere near as sensitive as the

Narco
Navs. I do like the digital flip-flop on the NAV, which is a new

capability,

I went with the new Narco Com 810, which is a slide-in replacement for the
Com 120, and gives you digital flip-flop capability.

It's been utterly bulletproof, and is a joy to work.

Narco has been okay for me.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 2nd 04, 03:00 AM
Bob Noel

In article DtL0c.11396$ko6.199028@attbi_s02, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

...And just to prove it, I will announce the following to the aviation
world:

Yesterday, for the first time since I bought Atlas in 2002, EVERYTHING in
the panel worked as designed all at the same time!

you are braver than I. Having spent around $30,000 overhauling
and fixing my aircraft Feb 2003 (gotta love those famous words
"while you are at it..."), I still wasn't counting on an easy annual
this year but, thankfully, it was. I brought the airplane
into the hangar 8:30am Saturday morning and we finished it
about 6pm Sunday evening. No repairs were required, just
the usual lubricate, clean, etc. *phew*

--
Bob Noel
Old March 2nd 04, 03:20 AM
bryan chaisone

Jay wrote:
Ha! I dare the Aviation Gods to strike me dead where I stand!

Jay, when you go, can I have your boots? What size do you wear?

Got pics of the panel yet? Let's see them.

Bryan Chaisone
"Measure twice, cut once." ~ somebody.
"Check everything twice, you just might get to fly again." ~ Bryan

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:DtL0c.11396$ko6.199028@attbi_s02...
...And just to prove it, I will announce the following to the aviation
world:

Yesterday, for the first time since I bought Atlas in 2002, EVERYTHING in
the panel worked as designed all at the same time!

Both radios (one new), both VORs (one new), both GPS's (one new), the
transponder (new), the DME, the audio panel (repaired), the intercom (new),
the engine analyzer (new), the fuel flow meter, the gas gauges, the oil
pressure and temperature gauge, the DG (new) , the AI (new), the altimeter,
the autopilot, the CD player (new), every single toggle switch, both
rheostats (just replaced one Friday), and EVERY GOD-DANGED LIGHT BULB in the
panel now works.

Ha! I dare the Aviation Gods to strike me dead where I stand!

;-)

Old March 2nd 04, 03:22 AM
Jack Allison

ROTFL...that's right, the sectionals are only a couple shades of green. Not
nearly as colorful as the ones us left coasters have to use. Maybe Jay
needs to worry about CFIFS or "Controlled Flight Into Flat Stuff".

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old March 2nd 04, 03:35 AM
bryan chaisone

Jay and all other owners,

To assure safe flight, have your planes blessed.

Buddhist monk, available to bless airplanes:

Blessing on site: cost of travel + $350.00 and a case of
Corona.
Blessing by phone: $12.50 and a sixpack of Bud.
Blessing over the internet: buck twenty five ($1.25).

Above prices are good for first three flights. Add 76 cents ($0.76)
for each additional flight.

Bryan "the monk" Chaisone
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery_a-h.htm#C

Old March 2nd 04, 04:38 AM
Ray Andraka

The MX11 has digital flip-flop, but it is comm only. I had a Nav 122 and a
Nav11 for the nav radios. The KX155 has digital flip-flops for both the comm
and the Nav. The only feature added to my panel is the second glideslope
(KI209) and the digital flip-flop on Nav1.

Old March 2nd 04, 12:00 PM
Jay Masino

Jay Honeck wrote:
It's been utterly bulletproof, and is a joy to work.

Of course. Everything you own is.

--- Jay

--

__!__