31 Days till OSH

Old July 4th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Default 31 Days till OSH

Marty Shapiro wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote in
oups.com:

You should really look at the new compact fluorescents.

I replaced all the hallway lights on the first floor of one of our
buildings with compact fluroescent, as an experiment.

Yes, they burn out far less often, and put out far less heat. They're
probably more efficient, too -- but, damn, it makes the hallway look
like something out of "The Matrix". In fact, that's what our staff
calls that hallway now. (I'll show it to you when you're here next
month.)

Until they get rid of that weird flickery greenish/yellowish coloring,
I don't want to switch any more.

LEDs would sure be nice, but none of the light bulb companies
apparently want to put their "bread & butter" at risk.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Have you looked at http://www.ledlight.com/?

As for the CFL lights, there is a "daylight" version which looks very much
like sunlight. I tried them and like them, but they do take some getting
used to. Like everyone else, I was used to the warm yellow from
incadescents and switching to the "daylight" fluourescent is a very
noticeable change. I got these "daylight" CFLs at Home Depot Expo. I've
even switched my 4' fluourescent tubes over to the "daylight" version.

I bought mongo full spectrum CFLs for my plants and when I first put
them in I thought "too blue". The next morning as I walked down the
stairs I thought "Damned Ron, he left the front door open again", but
when I got downstairs the door was shut. The lights make perfect daylight!

Margy

old days Airman Rotorcraft 23 January 2nd 07 01:36 PM
Dynamite bought the twin towers down say 73 top professors...I get it, you'll wait till you hear it from Katie Couric. [email protected] Piloting 39 September 13th 06 06:04 PM
Just a few more days Louis L. Perley III Owning 1 December 31st 04 01:36 PM
Two bad days... Yeff Military Aviation 0 July 3rd 04 09:31 PM
Meigs, its not over till its over... Stuart King Instrument Flight Rules 1 October 22nd 03 04:08 PM