I Lost My Biggest Hero Today

Old January 31st 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default I Lost My Biggest Hero Today

"Jay Beckman" wrote in message
Hi All...

I'm sorry for posting bad personal news here, but I'm doing so because I
know how proud my father was of me for earning my wings...and how glad I

am
to a member of the pilot fraternity.

So, would you all please say a little prayer for my Dad who went forth to
touch the face of God today at 530pm MST ?

It happened so fast that there wasn't even time for my step mother to call
me until after he was gone (he had arterial aneurisms and one of them
ruptured. I guess he was gone almost instantly) and she said he didn't
suffer.

This is going to be a long and difficult week...

Thanks for letting me share.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

I know how you feel Jay and I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my
father suddenly almost 22 years ago when I was just 17. Some of my fondest
memories of him are of the two of us pulling the C182 out of the hangar,
doing the preflight, climbing in and just flying somewhere.

My mother sold the plane shortly after he died and it moved to the states
from canada. Incidently I recently found out where my fathers old plane
ended up. It is currently in Boise Idaho. It's new registration is N34BB.
Used to be CF-XNB.

And I will say a prayer for both of our dads!