Finally got my medical back!

Old December 24th 03, 07:26 PM
Paul Tomblin

Default Finally got my medical back!

I just talked to FAA Aeromedical, and while it's been in review since
about September 10th, they finally granted my medical. I can't tell you
how relieved I am to be a pilot again.

You can read all about it at
http://slashdot.org/~ptomblin/journal/44665
http://slashdot.org/~ptomblin/journal/45638
http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/000127.html
http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/000219.html
http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/000222.html

--
"The magic of usenet has never been its technology; and, only in part, its
reach. Its magic -- its power -- is based on the very real human connections
Old December 24th 03, 07:36 PM
Jim

Congrats!!! and Merry Merry Christmas!!
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

Old December 24th 03, 08:04 PM
Henry Bibb

Now, *that's* a Christmas present!!
Congratulations, Paul.

Henry Bibb

Old December 24th 03, 08:17 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Jim" said:
Congrats!!! and Merry Merry Christmas!!

It certainly is. I called on Monday, and when the woman who answered the
phone said it was still under review, I said "oh, I was hoping to do some
flying over Christmas" and she said "Call back on Wednesday". I wonder if
she gave the reviewer a prod to get it done by Christmas. If so, I'm
grateful, but kind of wishing she could have given him/her that prod when
I called in October, or November.

Old December 24th 03, 08:32 PM
Jack Allison

Yes, quite a nice Christmas present for you Paul. Glad to hear it. Now, I
hope you get some decent weather to go out and fly.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old December 24th 03, 11:27 PM
Mike Rapoport

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Jim" said:
Congrats!!! and Merry Merry Christmas!!

It certainly is. I called on Monday, and when the woman who answered the
phone said it was still under review, I said "oh, I was hoping to do some
flying over Christmas" and she said "Call back on Wednesday". I wonder if
she gave the reviewer a prod to get it done by Christmas. If so, I'm
grateful, but kind of wishing she could have given him/her that prod when
I called in October, or November.

I've always wondered why these things take so long. It would seem the
either one qualifies for a medical or one does not. Why did it take so
long? Were they waiting to see if you would survive until Christmas?

Mike
MU-2

Old December 25th 03, 04:55 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Mike Rapoport" said:
I've always wondered why these things take so long. It would seem the
either one qualifies for a medical or one does not. Why did it take so
long? Were they waiting to see if you would survive until Christmas?

God only knows. I wrote all about what it looked like from my side of the
conversation in those blog entries I referenced earlier. But I assumed
back in late August-early September that it would take a doctor to look at
the lab tests and say exactly what my family doctor said, which is that
the a1c result shows that there is no longer even the slightest hint that
I had blood sugar problems at one time, and sign it. Total time expended?
About 5 minutes. But such was not to be.

Old December 26th 03, 04:55 PM
Jay Honeck

I just talked to FAA Aeromedical, and while it's been in review since
about September 10th, they finally granted my medical. I can't tell you
how relieved I am to be a pilot again.

Congrats, Paul!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 29th 03, 10:51 AM
Dylan Smith

In article , Paul Tomblin wrote:
http://slashdot.org/~ptomblin/journal/44665

Hey, a fellow Slashdotter :-)

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net

[Media] A Marine's journey home Michael Wise Naval Aviation 0 May 3rd 04 04:57 AM
He went down on this mornings mission he won't be back. ArtKramr Military Aviation 12 March 31st 04 09:22 PM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
The Little Wheel in Back Veeduber Home Built 6 September 8th 03 10:29 AM