Check this out!

Old January 9th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Check this out!

This sounds to me like one of the greatest safety advances in years -
and at a great price.
Anyone own one?
Anyone read any reviews?

Check out -

http://www.findmespot.com/

Tony

C-GICE
Old January 9th 08, 11:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Vaughn Simon

"John Smith" wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:

This sounds to me like one of the greatest safety advances in years -
and at a great price.
Anyone own one?
Anyone read any reviews?

Check out -

http://www.findmespot.com/

This looks like it is going to put some pressure on the Personal Locator
Device manufacturers to drop the prices of their existing units.
At US $8/year subscription, this looks worthwhile.

Sorry, that $7.95 is for some sort of rescue cost insurance. The
subscription is either $99.00 or $148.00 depending on options. Still, the
sailplane guys are pretty excited about the product.

It seems to me that any flight school would want one or two to have the
ability to track their student's X-country flight progress.

Vaughn

Old January 9th 08, 11:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jack Brown

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 22:52:31 -0500, John Smith wrote:

http://www.findmespot.com/

This looks like it is going to put some pressure on the Personal Locator
Device manufacturers to drop the prices of their existing units.
At US $8/year subscription, this looks worthwhile.

The $8/year service was an add on insurance benefit - basic rate is
$99/year.

Old January 9th 08, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Murdock

You can read initial impressions by an expert at
http://www.equipped.org/SPOT_ORSummer2007.htm

-Mike

Old January 13th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
NW_Pilot

Now only if it could be intergraded in to Oceaniac ATC that would be sweet
NO HF hahahahaha I can dream....

Old January 13th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

John Smith wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

This sounds to me like one of the greatest safety advances in years -
and at a great price.
Anyone own one?
Anyone read any reviews?

Check out -

http://www.findmespot.com/

This looks like it is going to put some pressure on the Personal Locator
Device manufacturers to drop the prices of their existing units.
At US $8/year subscription, this looks worthwhile.

This won't affect sales of PLB's at all if pilots realize what they're
buying. SPOT does not work at all unless it has a GPS signal. SPOT
uses the Globalstar satellite network. It does not use any satellites
that rescue personnel monitor. Globalstar itself is hanging by a thread
as their entire satellite phone network does not work at all right now
and won't for the next 5 years. If they survive. SPOT is nothing more
than a gee whiz toy.

Check it out [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 November 30th 04 09:35 PM
Check it out! [email protected] Soaring 1 November 30th 04 01:21 AM
Check this out! [email protected] Aerobatics 0 November 30th 04 12:58 AM
New Check Law Greg Butler Piloting 51 October 16th 04 12:18 AM
check this out Tony Verhulst Soaring 0 February 27th 04 04:04 PM