K&N Air Filter

Old May 30th 04, 03:45 AM
tony roberts

Default K&N Air Filter

I went to buy an air filter replacement element today and the dealer
suggewsted that I buy a new K&N air filter because it increases
horsepower by 2-4%.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

Tony
--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old May 30th 04, 12:09 PM
Mark T. Mueller

I have been using K&N filters on my cars for years. They are really great
for automotive applications. I just installed one in my Tiger, but really
haven't had a chance yet to evaluate any improvements.

They are a high quality product that will last for years if you maintain
them properly (every annual clean and re-oil the media using a K&N kit.)

Mark

Old May 30th 04, 06:45 PM
John

You can use a K&N filter if you want, however I will use something
that keeps more dirt out than a piece of fuzzy screen door wire.
Have you ever looked at the intake runners after the K&N filter has
been installed for a long time on a car. I have and there was a LOT
of dirt in the intake runners. I was glad it was not my engine.
This is my opinion and is worth ever penny you paid for it !
John

Old May 31st 04, 05:26 AM
BTIZ

I did not realize K&N made air filters for aircraft engines...

as for the 2-4% increase from the filter?? must mean it's letting more air
and junk pass the filter than the manufactures recommended..

BT