what plane fits this mission?

Old August 13th 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Default what plane fits this mission? (II)

jan olieslagers schreef:
Mission:
-) four-seater, 1100-1400 lbs gross
-) 150 hp should be enough
-) folding wings/trailerable absolutely required
-) stol not required, faster cruise preferred

Already considered RV10, Murphy Rebel, CH801
but none mentions folding wings and all are proud of their
stol-capability but I want a (moderate) tourer.
Plans/kit/factory built all valid options.
TIA,

OK, of course my original message was not precise enough.

-) No I don't really want the 4 seats, I want a tourer for 2 persons and
a lot but then really a lot of luggage.
-) Yes I did mean gross weight but of course I meant kgs not lbs.
-) rought estimate of weights:
2 people=180 kg, luggage 200kg, fuel 100kg, some 900 lbs total payload
-) wings need not fold, "easily removable" is enough. The real keyword
is "trailerable" because hangar space is very rare over here.

Thanks to all who responded so far. The BD4 looked good at a first
glance, I will certainly consider the Delta Dyke and Mustang also.

KA
Old August 13th 09, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

jan olieslagers wrote:
-) No I don't really want the 4 seats, I want a tourer for 2 persons and
a lot but then really a lot of luggage.
-) Yes I did mean gross weight but of course I meant kgs not lbs.
-) rought estimate of weights:
2 people=180 kg, luggage 200kg, fuel 100kg, some 900 lbs total payload
-) wings need not fold, "easily removable" is enough. The real keyword
is "trailerable" because hangar space is very rare over here.

Maybe the Kitfox Super Sport with non-LSA variant optional gear (800 lbs
useful load)? Appears to comes pretty close:

http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/s7supersport.htm
http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/s7ssspecs.htm

Folding wings:
http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/images...ingfoldpic.gif
Old August 15th 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, jan olieslagers said:
-) No I don't really want the 4 seats, I want a tourer for 2 persons and
a lot but then really a lot of luggage.
-) Yes I did mean gross weight but of course I meant kgs not lbs.
-) rought estimate of weights:
2 people=180 kg, luggage 200kg, fuel 100kg, some 900 lbs total payload
-) wings need not fold, "easily removable" is enough. The real keyword
is "trailerable" because hangar space is very rare over here.

How about the Glasair Sportsman 2+2?
http://www.glasairaviation.com/kitcontentsportsman.html
The specifications page lists "with wings folded/tail removed".

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
As convenient as it is for information to come to us, libraries do have a
Old August 15th 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Paul Tomblin schreef:
In a previous article, jan olieslagers said:
-) No I don't really want the 4 seats, I want a tourer for 2 persons and
a lot but then really a lot of luggage.
-) Yes I did mean gross weight but of course I meant kgs not lbs.
-) rought estimate of weights:
2 people=180 kg, luggage 200kg, fuel 100kg, some 900 lbs total payload
-) wings need not fold, "easily removable" is enough. The real keyword
is "trailerable" because hangar space is very rare over here.

How about the Glasair Sportsman 2+2?
http://www.glasairaviation.com/kitcontentsportsman.html
The specifications page lists "with wings folded/tail removed".

A good try Paul, thanks! And that "cavernous luggage area" is exactly
what I want, especially if it allows weight as well as volume.

Two objections though:
-) the spec & performance lists 180 HP as a minimum
-) the kit seems prohibitively expensive, that kind of money will buy me
a very nice 2nd hand. 50 grand, add an engine to that and a prop and
instruments and avionics, and last but not least transatlantic shipping,
way beyond budget!
Old August 16th 09, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan D[_2_]

http://www.bedecorp.com/designs/bd4/intro.htm