Dittel FSG 60M substitute

Old December 3rd 10, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kenward1000

Default Dittel FSG 60M substitute

Assuming that I have a installed and working FSG 60M tray in my panel,
what Dittel radios, if any, are a slide-in upgrade replacement?

Regards,
Ken
Old December 3rd 10, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Ken,

It is my understanding that no two models of Dittel radios are wired the
same. So re-wiring of the DB connector is likely necessary. However, the
existing speaker and microphone should work fine with a newer Walter Dittel
radio.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old December 3rd 10, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Dec 2, 7:38*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi Ken,

It is my understanding that no two models of Dittel radios are wired the
same. *So re-wiring of the DB connector is likely necessary. *However, the
existing speaker and microphone should work fine with a newer Walter Dittel
radio.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"kenward1000" wrote in message

Assuming that I have a installed and working FSG 60M tray in my panel,
what Dittel radios, if any, are a slide-in upgrade replacement?

Regards,
Ken

Or while at it just buy the new Becker AR6401 (not sure if they are
shipping yet, but if it was me I'd hold out...).

Darryl
Old December 3rd 10, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Only the FSG40, FSG50 and FSG60 use the same type connector and are tray
mounted radios..all were excellent radios but alas they are getting older
and parts may become an issue. You will however use the same component parts
and Microphone, Speakers ect are all compatible with newer Walter Dittel
radios so you can leave all of your wiring in the glider and just if you
like snip it off at the radio trailer and make a short pigtail for whatever
new radio you want to install and use a terminal strip or similar connector
to attach your existing wiring to the new pigtail. The only issue you might
run into if installing a different radio brand like a Microair, Xcom or
Flightline radio is that these do not accept the non-amplified Dynamic
microphones that you "might" have now....might have because the Walter
Dittel radio could be set up to use either amplified or non-amplified
microphones, in which case you can still use your existing Microphone but
will need an added amplifier, (I also have these) so you can choose almost
any replacement radio and make the swap with relative low cost and
ease..just add an adapter plate to change the panel from the square opening
to small round opening and splice the harness and you're done
see my website for all radio and installation options
best regards
Tim Mara
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"kenward1000" wrote in message
Assuming that I have a installed and working FSG 60M tray in my panel,
what Dittel radios, if any, are a slide-in upgrade replacement?

Regards,
Ken

signature database 5672 (20101203) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5672 (20101203) __________

http://www.eset.com

Dittel FSG 50 in Dittel base station [email protected] Soaring 2 February 18th 09 10:15 AM
Dittel FSG 50 in Dittel base station, Perfect for crews and FBO [email protected] Soaring 1 February 18th 09 10:15 AM
Substitute DME for GPS? Thomas Borchert Instrument Flight Rules 24 September 30th 04 03:54 PM
Substitute for MEK? Rich S. Home Built 3 August 30th 03 08:14 PM
GPS SUbstitute for DME or ADF S. Ramirez Instrument Flight Rules 12 August 20th 03 04:04 PM